Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
JD JD is offline

Default Fake brick backsplash and wall board repair

The original owners of our 30+ year old home put in a hidious fake
brick backsplash in the kitchen. I would have simply painted it white
and held on until we completely redid the kitchen, but we had an above
the oven microwave put in and they had to take a couple of chunks out
of it in order to get it to fit. 1st off, how do I get this crap off
the wall without doing too much damage to the wallboard underneath, and
2nd, how do I repair the wallboard after I finally blast this stuff
off? I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to take a
hammer and chisel to the mess, but I don't want to do too much damage
to the wallboard.

Also, I've got 3 layers of UGLY WALLPAPER to get off. I've gotten the
1st layer down to the backing paper, but I've found 2 layers under
that. It was badly put up (they didn't do the corners right at all)
and I don't know if a steamer and/or paper tiger are going to even put
a dent into it.

HELP!