DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Temporary roof repair (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/188329-temporary-roof-repair.html)

butwhat January 6th 07 07:54 PM

Temporary roof repair

We have a 14' x 22' 2/12 pitch roof with a 14' peak.

We are going to install a 5/12 pitched roof on this older addition that
will be 22' long and run from the eve to the 2nd story wall.

Our problem is that the current roof is leaking horribly and we can't
do the repair til spring - it's part of a renovation nightmare.

The roof leaks that make me the most nervous are those where the
current 2/12 pitch roof meets the 2nd story wall. I assume it was never
flashed properly.

I would like advice on temporarily flashing and covering the roof with
something that will last about 6 monthes or possibly a little longer.

I was thinking about using the Titanium roof underlayment with sheet
metal flashing tucked under the aluminum siding.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

[email protected] January 6th 07 10:41 PM

Temporary roof repair

butwhat wrote:
We have a 14' x 22' 2/12 pitch roof with a 14' peak.

We are going to install a 5/12 pitched roof on this older addition that
will be 22' long and run from the eve to the 2nd story wall.

Our problem is that the current roof is leaking horribly and we can't
do the repair til spring - it's part of a renovation nightmare.

The roof leaks that make me the most nervous are those where the
current 2/12 pitch roof meets the 2nd story wall. I assume it was never
flashed properly.

I would like advice on temporarily flashing and covering the roof with
something that will last about 6 monthes or possibly a little longer.

I was thinking about using the Titanium roof underlayment with sheet
metal flashing tucked under the aluminum siding.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

A method that works well but looks bad is simply to use a couple cheap
tarps. Nail with roofing nails and shim or furring strips at the top
and sides.