Posted to alt.home.repair
Ray Ray is offline

Default Chest freezer 110 or 220?

I'm sure larger ones come in 220, but for a chest freezer around 5 to 10
cubic feet would the standard be 110 or 220 volts? I was looking at some on
sears.com and none of them had electrical specs.

Thanks

--

Ray

Remove NO and SPAM to reply

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ray wrote:
I'm sure larger ones come in 220, but for a chest freezer around 5 to 10
cubic feet would the standard be 110 or 220 volts? I was looking at some on
sears.com and none of them had electrical specs.

Thanks

--

Ray

Remove NO and SPAM to reply

actually 120 these days, only commercial freezers come in 240 volt
models

Posted to alt.home.repair

The smaller (5 - 10 cf) units for the home will be 110.

BTW - here's an FYI...

I bought a 5.3 cf unit froms Lowes. I was talking to a tech from the
company that makes the unit and he told me that the smaller units run
most efficiently when filled to about 75% capacity. Keep this in mind -
if you really have 5 cf of food to store, you might want to buy a
bigger unit.

Ray wrote:
I'm sure larger ones come in 220, but for a chest freezer around 5 to 10
cubic feet would the standard be 110 or 220 volts? I was looking at some on
sears.com and none of them had electrical specs.

Thanks

--

Ray

Remove NO and SPAM to reply

Posted to alt.home.repair

The smaller (5 - 10 cf) units for the home will be 110.

BTW - here's an FYI...

I bought a 5.3 cf unit from Lowes. I was talking to a tech from the

Ray wrote:
I'm sure larger ones come in 220, but for a chest freezer around 5 to 10
cubic feet would the standard be 110 or 220 volts? I was looking at some on
sears.com and none of them had electrical specs.

Thanks

--

Ray

Remove NO and SPAM to reply

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ray" wrote in message
I'm sure larger ones come in 220, but for a chest freezer around 5 to 10
cubic feet would the standard be 110 or 220 volts? I was looking at some
on sears.com and none of them had electrical specs.

I've never seen or heard of a home type freezer that is 220 volt in the US.
220V 50 Hz is common is Europe and some other places but would be a rarity
in the US..

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
The smaller (5 - 10 cf) units for the home will be 110.

BTW - here's an FYI...

I bought a 5.3 cf unit froms Lowes. I was talking to a tech from the
company that makes the unit and he told me that the smaller units run
most efficiently when filled to about 75% capacity. Keep this in mind -
if you really have 5 cf of food to store, you might want to buy a
bigger unit.

True, especially in uprights. The
so-called efficiency comes from the
fact that, when you open the door, cold
air falls out on the floor and
is replaced by warmer air on top. So,
if it is full of frozen rocks, there
is less air to fall out and less air
from which to remove heat once the
door is closed and things equalize.
Chest freezers suffer less from this
problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
I believe he meant 208V. Many large commercial freezers use 208V on
three phase systems. 220V is Europe.

He was looking at Sears for residential. None would be 208 or 220.