DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ceramic tile/plywood removal (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/188155-ceramic-tile-plywood-removal.html)

civilstew January 5th 07 03:24 AM

Ceramic tile/plywood removal

House I purchased and 1/2 laminate 1/2 ceamic tile on main floor. I am
removing ceramic and after removing initial tiles notice that there is
1/4 inch plywood over origional linolium. I want to remove plywood but
cannot remove morter to expose screws. Any suggestions?

[email protected] January 5th 07 04:29 AM

civilstew wrote:
House I purchased and 1/2 laminate 1/2 ceamic tile on main floor. I am
removing ceramic and after removing initial tiles notice that there is
1/4 inch plywood over origional linolium. I want to remove plywood but
cannot remove morter to expose screws. Any suggestions?

Greetings,

I have done this exact job only I had particle board. In my case I was
able to insert a large flat bar under the board in several places and
lift it up an entire 4x8 sheet at a time. The screws, spaced 8" on
center for me, pulled through the board and were left behind. I could
then use an electric drill to unscrew them. The bit quickly ate
through through the crust to the metal and the screws came right out.
The few that stripped I had to unscrew with pliers. You might also
consider just going over the plywood again and saving yourself some
trouble.

Hope this helps,
William Deans