DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Recessed Lighting & Vent Baffles (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/188149-recessed-lighting-vent-baffles.html)

PeleSajan January 5th 07 02:29 AM

Recessed Lighting & Vent Baffles

I have installed those plastic air baffles, I think they are made by
Provent. They also make like a styro foam one as well. They are used
to maintain air flow between the roof and insulation in tight areas. I
bought the plastic ones and stapled them into my new addition between
each joist of a new room addition. They run from the soffits and then
in to an existing attic where I have adequate venting. I have
installed three recessed light cans right where these baffles are
running through. The lights are the type that can come in contact with
insulation. My question is it ok to be near these plastic air baffles?
The top of the can is probably 1/2", maybe less, below the air baffle.
What do you think, fire hazard?

John