DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   baseboard heat problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/188120-baseboard-heat-problem.html)

bcloser2me January 4th 07 07:25 PM

baseboard heat problem

I have electric baseboard heat. The problem is that the heat does not shut
off. I have replaced the thermostats, but the problem still continues.
Please help.

Speedy Jim January 4th 07 08:14 PM

baseboard heat problem

bcloser2me wrote:

I have electric baseboard heat. The problem is that the heat does not shut
off. I have replaced the thermostats, but the problem still continues.
Please help.

The heat *never* shuts off to any of the baseboards??

Are the 'stats big heavy Line voltage ones
or are they light-duty ones which control
contactors (relays)?

If the latter, the problem may be outside the
thermostats.

Bob F January 4th 07 09:39 PM

baseboard heat problem

"bcloser2me" wrote in message
news:4b94519694fca6b5b5ae39e5dfe40a60@homerepairli ve.com...
I have electric baseboard heat. The problem is that the heat does not shut
off. I have replaced the thermostats, but the problem still continues.
Please help.

The wiring of the thermostats/heaters is probably done wrong.

Bob

Tom The Great January 5th 07 12:20 AM

baseboard heat problem

On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 13:25:12 -0600, "bcloser2me"
wrote:

I have electric baseboard heat. The problem is that the heat does not shut
off. I have replaced the thermostats, but the problem still continues.
Please help.

imho:

When you say never shuts off, do you mean you can still feel residual
heat, or full power heat?

Have the person who installed them recheck them.

later,

tom @ www.FreeWorkAtHomeIdeas.com