Old May 4th 16, 03:44 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default robert shaw thermostat says 'lo bat' but battery is fresh

replying to sofireme, robert wrote:
Find someone with a soldering iron and replace capacitor. Should cost about 30
cents on line. I spent quitr some time on research and ended up buying a new
thermostat but did repair my RobertShaw in about two minutes.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...sh-181194-.htm

Old May 4th 16, 03:44 AM posted to alt.home.repair

replying to RDemarest, robert wrote:
I wrote the above and thought it worked. No, it was working less than a day.
You have to replace the electrolytic capacitor. It is the only component that
degrades with time. Mine now works.

Old May 8th 16, 05:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair

replying to robert, Douglas wrote:
At the risk of sounding foolish, I discovered my thermostat does not like
Duracell batteries. Convinced that maybe I just had a bad pack, I opened a new
one. Still no good. On a whim, I slipped in another brand that I found loose
in a drawer. I have no explanation for this, other than it worked.

Old May 8th 16, 06:00 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-05-08, Douglas wrote:

replying to robert, Douglas wrote:
At the risk of sounding foolish, I discovered my thermostat does not like
Duracell batteries. Convinced that maybe I just had a bad pack, I opened a new
one. Still no good. On a whim, I slipped in another brand that I found loose
in a drawer. I have no explanation for this, other than it worked.

You do not sound foolish, at all!

I've had similar probs with copper-tops. I bought some brand new
Duracell AA bats and put 'em in my brand new Maglite. Came out to my
van at O dark thirty and turned on my brand new everything flashlight.
It was a dark Wintery morning, jes below freezing. The Duracells
would not light! Not even faintly.

later that day, I bought brand new Energizers and put them in my Maglite.
Very next morning, it was about the same time and temp (dark, jes
below freezing) and the flashlight lit up jes fine. I've never bought
another Duracell, again.

nb
Old May 8th 16, 09:18 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-05-08, Douglas wrote:

At the risk of sounding foolish,

You do not sound foolish, at all!

Are Moaners Hub posts real people?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Old December 20th 16, 02:14 PM posted to alt.home.repair

replying to sofireme, James wrote:
Try stretching out the negative terminal spring, it fixed mine with the same
issue

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...sh-181194-.htm

Old December 20th 16, 02:56 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Hey, dip ****, the OP had that problem nearly a decade ago. Pay attention!
Old December 20th 16, 05:14 PM posted to alt.home.repair

replying to sofireme, robert wrote:
The only component that "ages" in this thermostat is the electrolytic
capacitor. I solder in a new one and mine now works perfectly. I realize this
is not an option for most users, but it works.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...sh-181194-.htm

Old September 28th 17, 11:14 PM posted to alt.home.repair

replying to RDemarest, Diann Sanderson wrote:
Thank you and God Bless. I followed your instructions and everything started
with out having to wait the 2 minutes. Thank you again !

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...sh-181194-.htm

Old April 16th 18, 04:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair

replying to sofireme, MainframeSysop wrote:
Not sure if this will help, but I have a TX1500uc / TX1500 Thermostat and the
BATT LOW would not go away after placing fresh new batteries in the device. I
took the batteries out, pressed and held the front buttons, pressed the RESET
button inside the unit, even swapped the Elec/Gas jumper temporarily. Put
everything back the way it was and popped the unit back on the wall and it was
good.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...sh-181194-.htm