DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   dishwasher not draining (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/187848-dishwasher-not-draining.html)

[email protected] January 2nd 07 08:05 PM

dishwasher not draining

I just wanted to post my recent experience with our dishwasher not
draining at the end of the cycle. Initially it started with small
amount of water left at the bottom. Few days back there was more water.
After some poking around and web searches, I checked the air gap on the
sink, next to the faucet. The pipe end inside was completely clogged
with some lint like stuff. After I removed the clog, the dishwater
started draining properly. Cleaning up the air gap was was simple. I
pulled out the cover and then unscrewed the base.

Hopefully this will help others with similar problem.

-Dipu

Brian January 3rd 07 04:34 PM

dishwasher not draining

wrote:
I just wanted to post my recent experience with our dishwasher not
draining at the end of the cycle. Initially it started with small
amount of water left at the bottom. Few days back there was more water.
After some poking around and web searches, I checked the air gap on the
sink, next to the faucet. The pipe end inside was completely clogged
with some lint like stuff. After I removed the clog, the dishwater
started draining properly. Cleaning up the air gap was was simple. I
pulled out the cover and then unscrewed the base.

Hopefully this will help others with similar problem.

-Dipu

I'm having the same problem. Where is the air gap located? Got any
pictures? Thanks

7 LAMPSTICKS 7 FEASTS 7 AGES OF DISPENSATION January 3rd 07 06:14 PM

dishwasher not draining

Brian wrote:
wrote:
I just wanted to post my recent experience with our dishwasher not
draining at the end of the cycle. Initially it started with small
amount of water left at the bottom. Few days back there was more water.
After some poking around and web searches, I checked the air gap on the
sink, next to the faucet. The pipe end inside was completely clogged
with some lint like stuff. After I removed the clog, the dishwater
started draining properly. Cleaning up the air gap was was simple. I
pulled out the cover and then unscrewed the base.

Hopefully this will help others with similar problem.

-Dipu

I'm having the same problem. Where is the air gap located? Got any
pictures? Thanks

You're kidding, right?

It's that pipe sticking up off your sink.

It's a vent.

Brian January 3rd 07 06:30 PM

dishwasher not draining

7 LAMPSTICKS 7 FEASTS 7 AGES OF DISPENSATION wrote:
Brian wrote:
wrote:
I just wanted to post my recent experience with our dishwasher not
draining at the end of the cycle. Initially it started with small
amount of water left at the bottom. Few days back there was more water.
After some poking around and web searches, I checked the air gap on the
sink, next to the faucet. The pipe end inside was completely clogged
with some lint like stuff. After I removed the clog, the dishwater
started draining properly. Cleaning up the air gap was was simple. I
pulled out the cover and then unscrewed the base.

Hopefully this will help others with similar problem.

-Dipu

I'm having the same problem. Where is the air gap located? Got any
pictures? Thanks

You're kidding, right?

It's that pipe sticking up off your sink.

It's a vent.

I should of preceded my comment with ** WARNING ** : NEW HOMEOWNER. I
don't have a pipe sticking up off my sink so I guess I don't have an
air gap.

[email protected] January 11th 07 01:39 AM

dishwasher not draining

Brian wrote:
wrote:
I just wanted to post my recent experience with our dishwasher not
draining at the end of the cycle. Initially it started with small
amount of water left at the bottom. Few days back there was more water.
After some poking around and web searches, I checked the air gap on the
sink, next to the faucet. The pipe end inside was completely clogged
with some lint like stuff. After I removed the clog, the dishwater
started draining properly. Cleaning up the air gap was was simple. I
pulled out the cover and then unscrewed the base.

Hopefully this will help others with similar problem.

-Dipu

I'm having the same problem. Where is the air gap located? Got any
pictures? Thanks

I dont have any picture my sink. This is something came up on google
image search

http://www.smartplumber.org/sitebuil...p_-420x420.jpg

Also here are two schematics from thw web

http://www.appliance411.com/faq/DW-drain-no-gap.gif
http://www.appliance411.com/faq/DW-drain-with-gap.gif

Hope that helps.

-Dipu

fourempties January 14th 07 03:45 PM

dishwasher not draining

When I had this problem it wasn't the air gap. There was some hard food
matter that had gotten stuck in the drain outlet. I had to disconnect
the drain hose and take off the drain outlet (located at the front of
the dishwasher on the bottom, right behind the cover plate at the
bottom). The clog was very small, but enough to cause the dishwasher
not to drain.