DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Culligan Filtered Drinking Water Smell (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/187841-culligan-filtered-drinking-water-smell.html)

BlackBooks January 2nd 07 05:00 PM

Culligan Filtered Drinking Water Smell

I recently installed a Culligan Tri-valve filtered drinking water tap.
After about one week, the filtered water started to smell of
sulphur/bad eggs. Changing the filter cartridge made no difference. I
have used a "stand-alone" Culligan filter tap for a number of years
without problem.

I contacted Culligan aftersales who advised me that the smell could be
caused by a reaction with the rubber seals within the tap itself and
that they recommend that I swap back to using the old tap!

Has anyone got any suggestions on what can be causing the smell - could
it really be the rubber seals? Can I do anything to remove the smell?

I do not really want to have a standalone tap - can anyone suggest
alternative brands that offer a tri-vale style tap?

Thanks,
Steve