Posted to alt.home.repair

Default remove old paint layers from 1963 bathroom

flaking badly but it won't come off with scraping, sanding, flaming. Tried
for a week. Mother is coming next week! Ideas for mechanical removal or
safe solvent? (Small fragile pets in house.) Papering not an option,
layers would peel underneath. Thanks & Happy New Year.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"BillP" wrote in message
news:d1a38ab766b1694a3f3a2fa7b65195bc@homerepairli ve.com...
flaking badly but it won't come off with scraping, sanding, flaming.
Tried
for a week. Mother is coming next week! Ideas for mechanical removal or
safe solvent? (Small fragile pets in house.) Papering not an option,
layers would peel underneath. Thanks & Happy New Year.

New layer of drywall?

Panelling?

Posted to alt.home.repair

news:d1a38ab766b1694a3f3a2fa7b65195bc@homerepairli ve.com...
flaking badly but it won't come off with scraping, sanding, flaming.
Tried
for a week. Mother is coming next week! Ideas for mechanical removal or
safe solvent? (Small fragile pets in house.) Papering not an option,
layers would peel underneath. Thanks & Happy New Year.

Sounds like my bathroom. Use Klean Strip paint remover, the 15 minute
stronger version. It was the only thing that worked good for me. I
can't find a picture of it online, but they sell it at Lowes, Home
Depot, and Wal-Mart. I am not sure if Wal-Mart sells the one gallon
version so try Home Depot and Lowes first. I used this and it even got
paint off of a bathtub that had been painted. Very low odor too.