DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Windows, Renewal by Andersen? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/187551-windows-renewal-andersen.html)

[email protected] December 30th 06 08:48 PM

Windows, Renewal by Andersen?

Does anyone have experience with Renewal by Andersen (double pane, gas
filled, composite frame) with regards to quality, noise reduction, and
heat loss as compared to a good quality vinyl window over time?

Stubby December 31st 06 06:42 PM

Windows, Renewal by Andersen?

I had a large slider (single-pane, Aluminum frame) replaced with an
Andersen Series 200 unit. As it was being put in position, the first
thing I noticed was the sound reduction.

BTW: be careful in dealing with Home Depot/Andersen/installers. The
stickers from the windows get removed and discarded. They are required
to claim certain energy rebates! It turns in to a big finger pointing
match.