DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   toilet rim flush q. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/187457-toilet-rim-flush-q.html)

ITMFA December 29th 06 05:50 PM

toilet rim flush q.

I noticed the rim doesn't flush all the way around.
clogged, how to clean?

--

Money.. What a concept!

Don Phillipson December 29th 06 06:38 PM

toilet rim flush q.

"ITMFA" wrote in message

I noticed the rim doesn't flush all the way around.
clogged, how to clean?

With vinegar or some appropriate but safe acid.
Clogs in the rim holes are usually calcium
precipitated from the water supply.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

C & E December 30th 06 04:05 AM

toilet rim flush q.

"ITMFA" wrote in message
I noticed the rim doesn't flush all the way around.
clogged, how to clean?

--

Money.. What a concept!

Many suggest pouring muriatic acid down the stand pipe in the tank. I tried
that and most of it came out the first available open hole. I have had a
better result using a 6 penny nail . I bent it 90* so that I had a handle
and twisted it up into the holes under the rim. I really get a lot out and
it sure improves the flush.

[email protected] December 30th 06 02:23 PM

toilet rim flush q.

nail or old coatr hanger then muriatic acid down the dip tube, do it
repeatedly.

I recently fixed some fiends tolilets this way, the acid works great
and is cheap too.

The interior passages of the toilet clog.

espicalluy bad if you use those blue toliet cleaners that go in the
tank

see web site oiletology