DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Solid Core Door Repair Question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/187344-solid-core-door-repair-question.html)

[email protected] December 28th 06 04:45 PM

Solid Core Door Repair Question

I have a solid core door that appears to have some sort of particle
board as the "core." I recently noticed that the core is sticking up
out of the door's center at the top of the door. This prevents me from
closing the door all the way.

I tried pushing the core down, but it just pops back up. Any ideas how
to fix this?

[email protected] December 28th 06 05:07 PM

Solid Core Door Repair Question

Try putting some glue on the part that is sticking out before you push
it back in.

EXT December 28th 06 06:06 PM

Solid Core Door Repair Question

If you can push it down it isn't solid core. The particle core is just an
edge filler. This door is intended only for dry indoor use only. It should
never be used in a wet location. I would pry out the particle board strip,
and cut fit and glue a piece of real wood in its place.

ups.com...

[email protected] December 29th 06 10:00 AM

Solid Core Door Repair Question

And paint both top and bottom surfaces of the door.

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 13:06:07 -0500, "EXT"
wrote:

If you can push it down it isn't solid core. The particle core is just an
edge filler. This door is intended only for dry indoor use only. It should
never be used in a wet location. I would pry out the particle board strip,
and cut fit and glue a piece of real wood in its place.

oups.com...