DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   plumbing below sewer line (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/187250-plumbing-below-sewer-line.html)

Eigenvector December 27th 06 08:21 PM

plumbing below sewer line

Can you install working plumbing BELOW the sewer line? I'm looking at my
basement and wondering if I can add plumbing or not. I'm strongly
suspecting no, as the septic tank line is on the celing of the basement, so
any waste-water would have to pumped UP - plus the unsanitary potential for
downstairs sinks to turn into sewage fountains.

But I figured there's nothing hurt by asking.

Speedy Jim December 27th 06 08:27 PM

plumbing below sewer line

Eigenvector wrote:

Can you install working plumbing BELOW the sewer line? I'm looking at my
basement and wondering if I can add plumbing or not. I'm strongly
suspecting no, as the septic tank line is on the celing of the basement, so
any waste-water would have to pumped UP - plus the unsanitary potential for
downstairs sinks to turn into sewage fountains.

But I figured there's nothing hurt by asking.

LOL I thought you'd never ask! g

http://www.plumbingstore.com/sewage1.html

Rick December 27th 06 08:31 PM

plumbing below sewer line

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
Can you install working plumbing BELOW the sewer line? I'm looking at my
basement and wondering if I can add plumbing or not. I'm strongly
suspecting no, as the septic tank line is on the celing of the basement, so
any waste-water would have to pumped UP - plus the unsanitary potential for
downstairs sinks to turn into sewage fountains.

But I figured there's nothing hurt by asking.

That's why they make sewage ejector systems...

Eigenvector December 27th 06 08:56 PM

plumbing below sewer line

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
. net...
Eigenvector wrote:

Can you install working plumbing BELOW the sewer line? I'm looking at my
basement and wondering if I can add plumbing or not. I'm strongly
suspecting no, as the septic tank line is on the celing of the basement,
so any waste-water would have to pumped UP - plus the unsanitary
potential for downstairs sinks to turn into sewage fountains.

But I figured there's nothing hurt by asking.

LOL I thought you'd never ask! g

http://www.plumbingstore.com/sewage1.html

Oh, that's cool. I'll have to take a look at it.

Thanks.

Todd H. December 27th 06 09:01 PM

plumbing below sewer line

"Eigenvector" writes:

Can you install working plumbing BELOW the sewer line? I'm looking at my
basement and wondering if I can add plumbing or not. I'm strongly
suspecting no, as the septic tank line is on the celing of the basement, so
any waste-water would have to pumped UP - plus the unsanitary potential for
downstairs sinks to turn into sewage fountains.

But I figured there's nothing hurt by asking.

This actually happens rather frequently. A pit and an ejector pump
are what make it possible.

Devil's in the details though, but yes it's possible. Pit naturally
will be below the drains on that level.

BestRegards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

[email protected] December 27th 06 09:54 PM

plumbing below sewer line

my father in law has one built into the toilet, so the sink drains into
the toilet and everything gets ground up and ejected into the main
sewer by a small line. works fantastic. he is a retired sewer plant
operator

Steve Barker LT December 28th 06 12:44 AM

plumbing below sewer line

Here's another link.

http://www.saniflo.com/

--