DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Stove cleaning question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/186934-stove-cleaning-question.html)

Ook December 25th 06 01:01 AM

Stove cleaning question

We have a 1 year old gas stove, with a non-removable top. The burner area
has black buildup that doesn't come off - burnt food and stuff. How can this
be removed without damaging the finish of the stove?

Joseph Meehan December 25th 06 03:44 PM

Stove cleaning question

Ook wrote:
We have a 1 year old gas stove, with a non-removable top. The burner
area has black buildup that doesn't come off - burnt food and stuff.
How can this be removed without damaging the finish of the stove?

Try an oven cleaner.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Stormin Mormon December 30th 06 02:52 AM

Stove cleaning question

Easy Off has some new stuff, that my Dad really raves about.
Probably three bucks a can, follow the directions. I think he
said it too half an hour or so to really get working.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.