Posted to alt.home.repair

Default air admittance valve

Has anyone here used an air admittance valve. I've read what I could find
but would like to hear from someone that has actually used one.

I'm removing the wall above our kitchen sink and would either have to
install an air admittance valve or reroute the vent and a loop vent isn't an
option here. The reroute would require elbow the vent and run it six feet
to a wall, up to the attic, then six feet back over to the vent stack.

Posted to alt.home.repair

mgarvie wrote:
Has anyone here used an air admittance valve. I've read what I could find
but would like to hear from someone that has actually used one.

I'm removing the wall above our kitchen sink and would either have to
install an air admittance valve or reroute the vent and a loop vent isn't an
option here. The reroute would require elbow the vent and run it six feet
to a wall, up to the attic, then six feet back over to the vent stack.

Yes, they work great. The bigger question is:
Will this job require inspection? Does your town
allow them?

If you do run the vent to attic, remember that
it must rise vertically until 6" above the sink
rim flood level, before going horizontal.

Mechanical vent must be installed where accessible
(pretty much means under the sink).

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

mgarvie wrote:
Has anyone here used an air admittance valve. I've read what I could
find but would like to hear from someone that has actually used one.

I'm removing the wall above our kitchen sink and would either have to
install an air admittance valve or reroute the vent and a loop vent
isn't an option here. The reroute would require elbow the vent and
run it six feet to a wall, up to the attic, then six feet back over
to the vent stack.

I used on a long time ago. It worked for a while, but then it started
making noise and not long after failed. I did it right after that.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

"mgarvie" wrote in message
news
Has anyone here used an air admittance valve. I've read what I could find
but would like to hear from someone that has actually used one.

I put one in(under) my veggie sink on the kitchen Island. Its permitted in
Pima County Az, and was inspected.
Its a STUDOR Mini vent and 8 years later its still working fine