Posted to alt.home.repair

Default looking for black decora timer switch

Hi,

Can anyone point me to someone that makes a black decora timer switch
suitable for controlling a bathroom exhaust fan?

We've got a newish bathroom that the previous owners renovated, and it's
got black decora outlets. I'd like to convert the exhaust to a timer
switch, but its turning out to be *very* hard to find one in black.
I've spoken with a couple of local places, and they haven't been able to
find anything.

Thanks,

Chris
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chris Friesen" wrote in message

Hi,

Can anyone point me to someone that makes a black decora timer switch
suitable for controlling a bathroom exhaust fan?

We've got a newish bathroom that the previous owners renovated, and it's
got black decora outlets. I'd like to convert the exhaust to a timer
switch, but its turning out to be *very* hard to find one in black. I've
spoken with a couple of local places, and they haven't been able to find
anything.

Thanks,

Chris

Hey Chris

I googled '"Black decora timer switch" and came up with over 50 thousand
possibilities so I copied and pasted for you...... That should get you
started.. Jimi

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...le+Search&meta

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chris Friesen" wrote in message

Hi,

Can anyone point me to someone that makes a black decora timer switch
suitable for controlling a bathroom exhaust fan?

We've got a newish bathroom that the previous owners renovated, and it's
got black decora outlets. I'd like to convert the exhaust to a timer
switch, but its turning out to be *very* hard to find one in black. I've
spoken with a couple of local places, and they haven't been able to find
anything.

Thanks,

Chris

Local places - do you mean electrical supply companies, or stores like Home
Depot and Lowe's?

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Chris Friesen wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone point me to someone that makes a black decora timer switch
suitable for controlling a bathroom exhaust fan?

AFAIK, "Decora" is Leviton. A search of the Leviton site for "decora
black timer" finds no hits. "decora timer" leads to a number of
choices. A very quick perusal found ivory/almond/white, no black.
Sounds like paint-can time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/19/06 11:35 am Chris Friesen wrote:

Can anyone point me to someone that makes a black decora timer switch
suitable for controlling a bathroom exhaust fan?

We've got a newish bathroom that the previous owners renovated, and it's
got black decora outlets. I'd like to convert the exhaust to a timer
switch, but its turning out to be *very* hard to find one in black. I've
spoken with a couple of local places, and they haven't been able to find
anything.

Intermatic makes them in White and Ivory (those are the ones I've seen
in Home Depot), and perhaps in Black as well.

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair
DK DK is offline

A can of black spray enamel paint should fix you up.

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:35:07 -0600, Chris Friesen
wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone point me to someone that makes a black decora timer switch
suitable for controlling a bathroom exhaust fan?

We've got a newish bathroom that the previous owners renovated, and it's
got black decora outlets. I'd like to convert the exhaust to a timer
switch, but its turning out to be *very* hard to find one in black.
I've spoken with a couple of local places, and they haven't been able to
find anything.

Thanks,

Chris

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jimi wrote:
I googled '"Black decora timer switch" and came up with over 50
thousand possibilities so I copied and pasted for you...... That
should get you started.. Jimi

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...le+Search&meta

Um, maybe you should take a remidial course in googling.

Your search - "Black decora timer switch" - did not match any documents.

Timer Switch? Buster Chops Home Repair 8 October 23rd 06 09:12 PM
What is this switch/timer? Paul C UK diy 5 August 15th 06 04:04 PM
Timer Switch [email protected] Electronics 14 July 31st 05 07:45 PM
Timer switch for double switch wall plate [email protected] Home Repair 5 May 19th 05 08:42 PM
Urgent! Problems Wiring a Decora combo switch. gallagher Home Repair 1 July 23rd 04 02:32 PM