Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Problem with my central heat

Here's the problem I've been having. My heater comes on, but sometimes
fails to blow warm air through the ducts and just blows cold air. I had
a heater repair person out a month or so ago and he tapped around on a
few wires, and it cycled on everytime we turned it on. Since then it has
worked off and on, but you never know when it's going to work. The
company only charged me $66.00, but he really did nothing to fix it, so
I don't want to call them back, and will call someone else. Does anybody
have an idea as to why it sometimes cycles on and heats, and sometimes
just blows cold air? TIA

--
Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

see:
http://www.misterfix-it.com/Solutions/5Air.html
see:
http://www.arnoldservice.com/Trouble...g_Problems.htm
see:
http://toad.net/~jsmeenen/wiring.html
see:
http://yourhome.honeywell.com/yourho...rd/Wizard.aspx

Cheri wrote:
Here's the problem I've been having. My heater comes on, but sometimes
fails to blow warm air through the ducts and just blows cold air. I had
a heater repair person out a month or so ago and he tapped around on a
few wires, and it cycled on everytime we turned it on. Since then it has
worked off and on, but you never know when it's going to work. The
company only charged me $66.00, but he really did nothing to fix it, so
I don't want to call them back, and will call someone else. Does anybody
have an idea as to why it sometimes cycles on and heats, and sometimes
just blows cold air? TIA

--
Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

Gas.

--
Cheri
bob kater wrote in message ...
electric or gas heat???
"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote in message
Here's the problem I've been having. My heater comes on, but

sometimes
fails to blow warm air through the ducts and just blows cold air. I

had
a heater repair person out a month or so ago and he tapped around on

few wires, and it cycled on everytime we turned it on. Since then it

has
worked off and on, but you never know when it's going to work. The
company only charged me $66.00, but he really did nothing to fix it,

so
I don't want to call them back, and will call someone else. Does

anybody
have an idea as to why it sometimes cycles on and heats, and

sometimes
just blows cold air? TIA

--
Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

buffalobill wrote in message
. com...
see:
http://www.misterfix-it.com/Solutions/5Air.html
see:
http://www.arnoldservice.com/Trouble...g_Problems.htm
see:
http://toad.net/~jsmeenen/wiring.html
see:
http://yourhome.honeywell.com/yourho...rd/Wizard.aspx

Thanks, I'll check the links out. I'm calling someone else tomorrow,
just wanted an idea or two.

Cheri