Posted to alt.home.repair

Default bathtub refinish

Has anyone ever heard of a franchised bathtub refinishing company called
Miracle Method and any feedback on quality would be very helpful. It is a
DIY project that I will not attempt as a grey color refinish will have to
be removed as well.
Posted to alt.home.repair

orfbound wrote:
Has anyone ever heard of a franchised bathtub refinishing company called
Miracle Method and any feedback on quality would be very helpful. It is a
DIY project that I will not attempt as a grey color refinish will have to
be removed as well.

I never heard of this company, but my father-in-law had one refinished
once. I originally thought it would be a waste of money, but it turned
out looking really nice. Almost as good as a new one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"orfbound" wrote in
news:b72e9ccf25d19c354c03d2b40508e82b@homerepairli ve.com:

Has anyone ever heard of a franchised bathtub refinishing company
called Miracle Method and any feedback on quality would be very
helpful. It is a DIY project that I will not attempt as a grey color
refinish will have to be removed as well.

why not check the Better Business Bureau in your area?
If the company has any complaints against it,they would know.
IIRC,you can do it online.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

"orfbound" wrote in message
news:b72e9ccf25d19c354c03d2b40508e82b@homerepairli ve.com...
Has anyone ever heard of a franchised bathtub refinishing company called
Miracle Method and any feedback on quality would be very helpful. It is a
DIY project that I will not attempt as a grey color refinish will have to
be removed as well.

I had mine done from avocado green to white. Has been a year and it still
looks like new. They say if you take care of the tub and do not use
cleansers that contain abrasives it can last up to 10 years.

LJ

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Old_Boat" wrote in
:

"orfbound" wrote in message
news:b72e9ccf25d19c354c03d2b40508e82b@homerepairli ve.com...
Has anyone ever heard of a franchised bathtub refinishing company
called Miracle Method and any feedback on quality would be very
helpful. It is a DIY project that I will not attempt as a grey color
refinish will have to be removed as well.

I had mine done from avocado green to white. Has been a year and it
still looks like new. They say if you take care of the tub and do not
use cleansers that contain abrasives it can last up to 10 years.

LJ

Did you use the Miracle Method company?

The Orlando Sentinel had an article about tub refinishing in their Sunday
Home section several months ago,and one interesting thing was the use of
urethane finish coats that keep glossy longer and don't yellow like the
older epoxy paints.
You still have to avoid use of abrasive cleaners,IIRC,409 was recommended.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .
"Old_Boat" wrote in
:

"orfbound" wrote in message
[...]

Yes it took them two days to do it.
LJ

refinish piano thanks Lee Woodworking 0 July 28th 06 03:21 PM
How to refinish old floors HotRod Home Repair 2 May 31st 06 03:59 PM
Bathtub refinish James B Home Repair 8 January 12th 06 01:12 AM
Help with refinish Cindy Woodworking 6 March 27th 05 05:36 AM
refinish sink? glen Home Repair 1 October 19th 03 11:52 PM