DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Photon light under hat brim (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/186008-photon-light-under-hat-brim.html)

Stormin Mormon December 15th 06 07:45 PM

Photon light under hat brim

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1924_46472131

Has anyone tried taping a Photon II style light under the brim of a
ball cap? Use that for a head lamp. I've not tried it, curious if
anyone else has experience. I'd of course take off the keyring, and
use something like medical surgical tape.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Bob S. December 15th 06 09:51 PM

Photon light under hat brim

Stormin Mormon wrote:
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1924_46472131

Has anyone tried taping a Photon II style light under the brim of a
ball cap? Use that for a head lamp. I've not tried it, curious if
anyone else has experience. I'd of course take off the keyring, and
use something like medical surgical tape.

Lowes sells a ball cap with several LED's imbedded in the brim edge.
Haven't tried it, but I like the idea.

Bob

BobK207 December 16th 06 12:51 AM

Photon light under hat brim

Bob S. wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1924_46472131

Has anyone tried taping a Photon II style light under the brim of a
ball cap? Use that for a head lamp. I've not tried it, curious if
anyone else has experience. I'd of course take off the keyring, and
use something like medical surgical tape.

Lowes sells a ball cap with several LED's imbedded in the brim edge.
Haven't tried it, but I like the idea.

Bob

My Photon is an older model...no on/off switch.

Surefire L1 or L2 will clip to a baseball hat brim but they're a rather
spendy solution.

cheers
Bob

buffalobill December 16th 06 09:07 AM

Photon light under hat brim

i think they already sell a cap brim light, look at walmart superstore,
flashlight aisle i found near camping and automotive. but look at ebay:
look at led head lamps and ones with clips or mini clip lights. first
look on ebay for the 21,000 MCD cheap version of your illustration,
hong kong, under $1.00 delivered to usa in lots of a couple dozen. i
think this is the brightest low-priced keyring type but keep looking.
while you're building your own version of one don't forget cat and dog
LED headlights. the dogs enjoyed the doggie headlights 15 years ago
when they were harness+velcro+conventional bulb flashlights.
see LED HAT BRIM CLIP:
http://images.google.com/images?sour...=LED+Cap+Light
see dog collar flashlight LED:
http://images.google.com/images?svnu...ht+LED&spell=1