DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Old Moen Shower Handle (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/185936-old-moen-shower-handle.html)

Leo December 15th 06 03:19 AM

Old Moen Shower Handle

Does Moen or anyone make replacement shower knobs that are more attractive
then the plastic know I currently have (its one of those clear plastic
single handle ones).

The shower works fine so I dread the thought of replacing the entire valve,
etc just because the knob looks cheap. At the local HD they told me I'd
have to replace the whole thing, including the valve....

Say it ain't so...

RayV December 15th 06 01:27 PM

Old Moen Shower Handle

Leo wrote:
Does Moen or anyone make replacement shower knobs that are more attractive
then the plastic know I currently have (its one of those clear plastic
single handle ones).

The shower works fine so I dread the thought of replacing the entire valve,
etc just because the knob looks cheap. At the local HD they told me I'd
have to replace the whole thing, including the valve....

Say it ain't so...

It ain't so. Take the handle off and take it to Home Cheapo. They
have stems attached to the rack which will let you find out the size of
your knob. If not, go to a plumbing supply house with the knob and
better yet the model number of the valve. They will have it or can get
it.

The tarts at the borg will tell you they don't have or don't make
anything you are looking for if it is not on the rack right in front of
them.