DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Krups Model 264A "Duothek" coffee maker (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/185898-krups-model-264a-duothek-coffee-maker.html)

Joe December 14th 06 04:33 PM

Krups Model 264A "Duothek" coffee maker

Good morning:

I asked this question in a different NG, alt.internet.appliances, which has
discussion about small appliances but is not heavily traveled. I thought
someone here may have come across this, or may know of a larger appropriate
newsgroup.

This is a dual coffee maker; that is, it is two independent coffee makers in
one unit. This one is seventeen years old and experiencing it's first
problem. But Krups has apparently recently stopped producing its modern
equivalents, so I'd like to repair this one. But I can't figure out how to
get into it.

The base is mounted with six visible screws and two plastic clamps. With
all the screws removed and the clamps released, the base is still solidly
held at the front by something not visible.

Has anyone fixed this or a similar unit? I'd appreciate any info on getting
this cover off.

Joe