DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Insinkerator 17-55 Batch Garbage Disposal Switch Failure (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/185721-insinkerator-17-55-batch-garbage-disposal-switch-failure.html)

frank1492 December 13th 06 12:01 AM

Insinkerator 17-55 Batch Garbage Disposal Switch Failure

This unit is very slow to shut off, as if the switch sticks.
An appliance parts website shows a kit with what appears
to be a microswitch. I expected that the switch would be
magnetic and sealed. Or is there a magnetically-activated
piston which activates the microswitch? A word about
theory would be very helpful to me.
Since nothing appears to be sealed, I would assume
the switch assembly might be repairable, perhaps by
cleaning??? The kit is over $40!
Help much appreciated!
Frank