Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default vibrating water pipe under drywall ceiling

I just recently noticed a vibrating water pipe under the drywall
ceiling of my partially finished basement. It vibrates when the first
floor toilet is flushed and the kitchen sink turns off. The previous
owner finished the basement and I assume the pipes are leaning directly
against the drywall since the pipes go right along the edge of the
beams in the unfinished part of the basement. Is this a problem? I
don't notice any of the other pipes in the basement vibrating when
water is turned off. Is there a way I can minimize the vibration
without cutting open the cieling?

insulation after drywall for ceiling? or before? [email protected] Home Repair 7 September 8th 06 09:07 PM
Ceiling drywall thickness - how to tell? All Thumbs Home Repair 14 November 1st 05 01:08 AM
pipes vibrating after new water heater and farting around SCA Home Repair 2 February 25th 05 10:47 PM
ceiling drywall Oh_Jeeze Home Repair 6 December 30th 04 08:22 PM
Help with toilet water supply and vibrating pipes E/K Littlefield Home Repair 1 October 20th 03 11:36 PM