DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hardwood flooring nailer (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/185565-hardwood-flooring-nailer.html)

Bernie December 11th 06 05:22 PM

Hardwood flooring nailer

I am about to start a couple of Bruce 3/4 inch hardwood
floor projects (2 homes). I want to purchase a nailer, but do not want
to spend $500.00 or more for the pneumatic type. I can get the manual
type for considerably less. I have never used the manual type before.
What's the trade off? Will the manual type do the job as well?

professorpaul December 11th 06 06:14 PM

Hardwood flooring nailer

I assume it is the type you whack with a hammer. Helped my son put in
one. Took a little more care, and mananged to hit the wall a couple of
times. For a BIG job, or doing a lot, how about renting the air driven
stuff???

Heathcliff December 11th 06 10:33 PM

Hardwood flooring nailer

Bernie wrote:
I am about to start a couple of Bruce 3/4 inch hardwood
floor projects (2 homes). I want to purchase a nailer, but do not want
to spend $500.00 or more for the pneumatic type. I can get the manual
type for considerably less. I have never used the manual type before.
What's the trade off? Will the manual type do the job as well?

I have rented the manual ones and they work fine. Millions of floors
have been installed with them. It's a real workout though. I have
never tried a pneumatic one so I can't compare. -- H

Edwin Pawlowski December 12th 06 12:18 AM

Hardwood flooring nailer

"Bernie" wrote in message
ps.com...
I am about to start a couple of Bruce 3/4 inch hardwood
floor projects (2 homes). I want to purchase a nailer, but do not want
to spend $500.00 or more for the pneumatic type. I can get the manual
type for considerably less. I have never used the manual type before.
What's the trade off? Will the manual type do the job as well?

Tradeoff is physical labor. Buy the pneumatic and sell it on ebay when you
are done.

[email protected] December 12th 06 11:13 AM

Hardwood flooring nailer

Hire a professional

krw December 12th 06 03:14 PM

Hardwood flooring nailer

In article om,
says...
I am about to start a couple of Bruce 3/4 inch hardwood
floor projects (2 homes). I want to purchase a nailer, but do not want
to spend $500.00 or more for the pneumatic type. I can get the manual
type for considerably less. I have never used the manual type before.
What's the trade off? Will the manual type do the job as well?

I had a bunch of siding to do so bought a siding nailer on eBay. I
planned to turn it around when I was done (along with a half a box
of stainless nails), but haven't yet. There are a bunch of
"flooring staplers" on eBay.

Or:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...af?itemnumber=
93197

--
Keith

Paulaner December 12th 06 06:57 PM

Hardwood flooring nailer

I agree. I bought a nice Bostitch from amazon and I'll just put it on
eBay someday in the future.

I rented one from HD and decided that owning and reselling gave me the
time to do the job right (or just slowly :).

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 00:18:38 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

ups.com...

dss December 14th 06 06:03 PM

Hardwood flooring nailer

Bernie:

I've only used the manual type and they do give you a workout. Some say
they do a better job because it takes a couple of wacks to drive each
nail and that sets the boards tighter together. If you've got the arms,
the manual will do fine. If you don't, you will by the time you tackle
the second house.

dss