Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE Silicone II Sucks!!

This is the worst silicone I have ever used in my life. I bought two
tubes with fresh batch codes and they don't cure after 48 hours. I had
to clean this crap out twice already on my 85lb sink and its not fun.
GE needs to get their head out of their butt and stop selling inferior
product to the public. As far as I'm concerned I will never buy
another GE product for the rest of my life and I will continue
encorouging others to do the same in my social gatherings.

Posted to alt.home.repair

GE anything.......sucks

Posted to alt.home.repair

"****ed" wrote in news:1165347815.274844.62630
@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com:

****ed wrote:
This is the worst silicone I have ever used in my life. I bought two
tubes with fresh batch codes and they don't cure after 48 hours. I had
to clean this crap out twice already on my 85lb sink and its not fun.
GE needs to get their head out of their butt and stop selling inferior
product to the public. As far as I'm concerned I will never buy
another GE product for the rest of my life and I will continue
encorouging others to do the same in my social gatherings.

Maybe it means they are down the hall to the right...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yep, I agree, it blows. I used some around some new doors I installed. It
was suppose to be "paintable". Yeah, right. Paint fell off.
I used another tube of GE II caulk that was suppose to be white. Well, it
WAS white........until it dried that is. Then it turned clear. I swore
that crap off and have used other brands and been happy.

"****ed" wrote in message
ups.com...
This is the worst silicone I have ever used in my life. I bought two
tubes with fresh batch codes and they don't cure after 48 hours. I had
to clean this crap out twice already on my 85lb sink and its not fun.
GE needs to get their head out of their butt and stop selling inferior
product to the public. As far as I'm concerned I will never buy
another GE product for the rest of my life and I will continue
encorouging others to do the same in my social gatherings.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John~ "
wrote in message
. net...
In article .com,
avid_hiker wrote:

GE anything.......sucks

...especially their appliances....

AMEN!!! (shouting!)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5 Dec 2006 11:39:23 -0800, "****ed" wrote:

This is the worst silicone I have ever used in my life. I bought two
tubes with fresh batch codes and they don't cure after 48 hours. I had
to clean this crap out twice already on my 85lb sink and its not fun.
GE needs to get their head out of their butt and stop selling inferior
product to the public. As far as I'm concerned I will never buy
another GE product for the rest of my life and I will continue
encorouging others to do the same in my social gatherings.

When a product didn't perform as I wanted, I contact the company. A
few times, they will request the product back (for QA) and replace it
free.

IMHO, I would contact the maker, via the address on the tube.

later,

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5 Dec 2006 11:43:35 -0800, "****ed" wrote:

PS. I called their Customer Service and vented to them and they said
the complaint is being forwarded on to the right people...I hope.

Oops, I wouldn't vent, people tend to not care at that point.
Especially if you make it seem like you will never be their customer
again.

Just guessing....

tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com

****ed wrote:
This is the worst silicone I have ever used in my life. I bought two
tubes with fresh batch codes and they don't cure after 48 hours. I had
to clean this crap out twice already on my 85lb sink and its not fun.
GE needs to get their head out of their butt and stop selling inferior
product to the public. As far as I'm concerned I will never buy
another GE product for the rest of my life and I will continue
encorouging others to do the same in my social gatherings.

Posted to alt.home.repair

As stated earlier I already did. They want me to pay shipping back! I
decided to go to Ace Hardware and they gave me their 50 year sealant
which is highly rated on the net. Low and behold it works as expected.
GE said they forwarded my comments today to QA and Ace has removed all
GE Silicone II from the shelves. Personally if I was the store owner I
would stop carrying GE adhesive products altogether.

Tom The Great wrote:
On 5 Dec 2006 11:39:23 -0800, "****ed" wrote:

This is the worst silicone I have ever used in my life. I bought two
tubes with fresh batch codes and they don't cure after 48 hours. I had
to clean this crap out twice already on my 85lb sink and its not fun.
GE needs to get their head out of their butt and stop selling inferior
product to the public. As far as I'm concerned I will never buy
another GE product for the rest of my life and I will continue
encorouging others to do the same in my social gatherings.

When a product didn't perform as I wanted, I contact the company. A
few times, they will request the product back (for QA) and replace it
free.

IMHO, I would contact the maker, via the address on the tube.

later,

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/05/06 02:39 pm ****ed wrote:

This is the worst silicone I have ever used in my life. I bought two
tubes with fresh batch codes and they don't cure after 48 hours. I had
to clean this crap out twice already on my 85lb sink and its not fun.
GE needs to get their head out of their butt and stop selling inferior
product to the public. As far as I'm concerned I will never buy
another GE product for the rest of my life and I will continue
encorouging others to do the same in my social gatherings.

Maybe yours came from a bad batch. I've used it, and it seems to be fine.

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

****ed wrote:
This is the worst silicone I have ever used in my life. I bought two
tubes with fresh batch codes and they don't cure after 48 hours. I
had to clean this crap out twice already on my 85lb sink and its not
fun. GE needs to get their head out of their butt and stop selling
inferior product to the public. As far as I'm concerned I will never
buy another GE product for the rest of my life and I will continue
encorouging others to do the same in my social gatherings.

Last week the FDA re-approved Silicon breast implants. GE may be looking
elsewhere (along with the rest of us).

Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

****ed wrote:
This is the worst silicone I have ever used in my life. I bought two
tubes with fresh batch codes and they don't cure after 48 hours. I had
to clean this crap out twice already on my 85lb sink and its not fun.
GE needs to get their head out of their butt and stop selling inferior
product to the public. As far as I'm concerned I will never buy
another GE product for the rest of my life and I will continue
encorouging others to do the same in my social gatherings.

Maybe it means they are down the hall to the right...

I ran into a similar problem and then discovered that there is an expiration
date on these tubes. The one I had was out of date. Returned it to Home
Depot and got another (in date by several years) and didn't have repeat of
the problem.
MLD

Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

"C & E" wrote in message

"John~ "
wrote in message
. net...
In article .com,
avid_hiker wrote:

GE anything.......sucks

...especially their appliances....

AMEN!!! (shouting!)

You better stop flying then-----a pretty hefty percentage (much more than
50%) of the commercial aircraft flying today have GE engines in them. Just
about most of the helicopters and about 90% of the Military fighter
aircraft.
MLD

Posted to alt.home.repair

MLD wrote:
"C & E" wrote in message

"John~
" wrote in message
. net...
In article .com,
avid_hiker wrote:

GE anything.......sucks

...especially their appliances....

AMEN!!! (shouting!)

You better stop flying then-----a pretty hefty percentage (much more
than 50%) of the commercial aircraft flying today have GE engines in
them. Just about most of the helicopters and about 90% of the
Military fighter aircraft.
MLD

It has to be the one division of GE that still knows what they are doing
then. I had to buy a book to keep my GE washer and dryer going when I had
more time than money to replace them. Never again will I own anything made
by that division of GE. I think I will search out which airline isn't using
GE engines and fly with them now that I know that!

Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 21:27:09 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

On 12/05/06 02:39 pm ****ed wrote:

This is the worst silicone I have ever used in my life. I bought two
tubes with fresh batch codes and they don't cure after 48 hours. I had
to clean this crap out twice already on my 85lb sink and its not fun.
GE needs to get their head out of their butt and stop selling inferior
product to the public. As far as I'm concerned I will never buy
another GE product for the rest of my life and I will continue
encorouging others to do the same in my social gatherings.

Maybe yours came from a bad batch. I've used it, and it seems to be fine.

Perce

I was a few minutes into a "caulk the sink job". Something was wrong
and I had problem. It seemed like it was to "runny"; not easily
worked with. Got another product for the job and finishedt. A lot less
effort than trying to ban the product from the earth.

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Rich" wrote in message
g.com...
MLD wrote:
"C & E" wrote in message

"John~
" wrote in message
. net...
In article .com,
avid_hiker wrote:

GE anything.......sucks

...especially their appliances....

AMEN!!! (shouting!)

You better stop flying then-----a pretty hefty percentage (much more
than 50%) of the commercial aircraft flying today have GE engines in
them. Just about most of the helicopters and about 90% of the
Military fighter aircraft.
MLD

It has to be the one division of GE that still knows what they are doing
then. I had to buy a book to keep my GE washer and dryer going when I had
more time than money to replace them. Never again will I own anything made
by that division of GE. I think I will search out which airline isn't
using GE engines and fly with them now that I know that!

Rich

When we remodeled the kitchen we replace all of our Kenmore appliances with
GE. Year 3 the dishwashers motor cooling fan loosened from the shaft and
clattered while barely spinning. Called for repair and they diagnosed it
within 2 seconds of hearing it and had to replace the motor for nearly $200
because the motor housing was unaccessable. They said that it's a common
failure; when it happened again 4 years later I ditched it. The oven was
inconsistent and finally would not hold temp. Had to replace the entire
'dashboard' in order to change the thermostat. Suffered through 2 more
years of poor performance and ditched it. Still have the fridge that the
door shelf guards chronically pop off and drop the contents, the bin drawers
won't stay on their tracks but I can't say anything bad about the
microwave - oh yea, the work light won't turn off unless you slap the the
panel. I was told by the service dept that the repair was not cheap. I
wish they'd get some of the jet engineers over to the appliance division for
a re-design. Oh well, maybe they've improved in the last 10 years. Could
happen.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oh well, maybe they've improved in the last 10 years. Could
happen.

NOT!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

"Rich" wrote in message
g.com...
MLD wrote:
"C & E" wrote in message

"John~
" wrote in message
. net...
In article .com,
avid_hiker wrote:

GE anything.......sucks

...especially their appliances....

AMEN!!! (shouting!)

You better stop flying then-----a pretty hefty percentage (much more
than 50%) of the commercial aircraft flying today have GE engines in
them. Just about most of the helicopters and about 90% of the
Military fighter aircraft.
MLD

It has to be the one division of GE that still knows what they are doing
then. I had to buy a book to keep my GE washer and dryer going when I had
more time than money to replace them. Never again will I own anything made
by that division of GE.

"I think I will search out which airline isn't using
GE engines and fly with them now that I know that!"

Rich

Don't waste your time--every airline, including foreign ones, use GE
engines. If you were to be selective than your travel plans would become a
nightmare. Look for Pratt & Whitney or Rolls Royce powered aircraft but
they'll be hard to find. Next time you board look at the nacelle for the GE
Monogram, always gives me that extra level of confidence I'll get where I'm
going.
MLD

Posted to alt.home.repair

MLD wrote:
"Rich" wrote in message
g.com...
MLD wrote:
"C & E" wrote in message

"John~
" wrote in message
. net...
In article .com,
avid_hiker wrote:

[...]

Guess you do not know that GE sold it's silicone business?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com,
avid_hiker wrote:

GE anything.......sucks

But if you don't want to buy their lightbulbs, I would advise to use
those of the other two of the "Big Three" (those are Sylvania and
Philips). And for 40-100 watt A19 ones, store brand ones having same hour
life expectancy figures and same lumen light output figures as "Big 3"
ones actually are "The Real Thing". Non-Big3-ones in my experience tend
to produce less light, have a higher rate of falling short of claimed
light output, and have a higher rate of falling short of claimed life
expectancy.

But among the "Big 3", I have been disappointed by GE more than others.

Example 1: 2006 was the first year that I saw an A19 with a coiled-coil
filament (as opposed to singly coiled) about 2-2.5 cm (.8-1 inch long),
typical of the A19's with higher light output than other 19's, made in
China. Before now, such lightbulbs sold in USA that I saw were made in
North America - mainly USA and Canada, as best as I can tell. The
made-in-China A19 with a coiled-coil filament was a GE.

Example 2: Spiral compact fluorescents, nominal wattage 25 watts,
purchased in 2001: (First, I have yet to hear of an easily available
spiral compact fluorescent no matter how bad or how good made anywhere
except China.)
I got these, both of GE and Lights of America brand, one of them LOA and
two of them GE. All failed in only a few hundred operating hours. The GE
one was the only compact fluorescent that I ever got more than one of and
where I experienced a 100% early failure rate. All other early failures
that I ever had were non-Big3, mainly "dollar store brands" and LOA.

Example 3: Well, that was back in 1992. Maybe it's not really fair
to hold that one against them much now. It was a compact fluorescent
known as the FLB15. It fell short of claimed light output more than I
ever saw in any other "Big 3" compact fluorescent, both in my experience
and in an article in a well-known magazine. It fell short worse than
usual of "Non big-3" ones other than the even-worse dollar store ones.
(However, I still find GE's average in CFLs record of meeting claimed
light output better than that of average of non-Big3 even of
non-dollar-store brands.)

- Don Klipstein )

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/06 08:12 pm Don Klipstein wrote:

GE anything.......sucks

But if you don't want to buy their lightbulbs, I would advise to use
those of the other two of the "Big Three" (those are Sylvania and
Philips). . . .

snip

I made the mistake of buying Sylvania lightbulbs a few years back. Out
of a pack of six, one popped as soon as I switched it on, and two burned
out within hours.

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , J.A. Michel wrote:
Yep, I agree, it blows. I used some around some new doors I installed. It
was suppose to be "paintable". Yeah, right. Paint fell off.
I used another tube of GE II caulk that was suppose to be white. Well, it
WAS white........until it dried that is. Then it turned clear. I swore
that crap off and have used other brands and been happy.

I do not consider silicone rubber paintable. If someone claims that
their silicone rubber is paintable, then that alerts my "BS Detector" that
there is some hype going on. Maybe there is some paint that paints
silicone rubber somewhat well, and maybe there are stiuations where most
paint will stay on most silicones, but I usually consider silicone rubber
in general not really supporting paint.

However, as to white drying clear, I have had GE white silicone, and in
my experience it stayed white.

I have had GE "Silicone II", and my complaints are not sticking as well
and not curing as well as other silicones that produce an acetic acid
odor when I used them. Keep in mind that a thick layer of either of these
can take half of forever to cure! The acetic-acid-emitting ones, in
thicker layers, tend to form a "skin" of cured silicone that could be
slowing the curing of what's underneath - but at least if you touch it
lightly, it's dry!

- Don Klipstein )
Posted to alt.home.repair

In . com, ****ed wrote:
As stated earlier I already did. They want me to pay shipping back!

How much does it cost to mail a tube of silicone? I can do that for
about a buck! Get a brand new tube of silicone for a buck?

If this is one of size for a caulk gun, then maybe $2 or 3 to ship it
back - good price for a new one!

- Don Klipstein )
Posted to alt.home.repair

TommyV had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ks-172928-.htm
:
I wish I would have looked at this site before - GE Caulk sux big ones -
will not dry and is starting to crack - DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT - DO NOT
USE ANY GE CAULK AT ALL - THEY ARE THE WORST!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 3, 6:52*pm, (TommyV)
wrote:
TommyV had written this in response tohttp://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-GE-Silicone-II-Sucks-1...
*:
I wish I would have looked at this site before - GE Caulk sux big ones -
will not dry and is starting to crack - DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT - DO NOT
USE ANY GE CAULK AT ALL - THEY ARE THE WORST!!!

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

I use it alot and have no issues, I buy newly dated tubes and dont put
it on thick, if it doesnt stink I know its old. Id suggest you learn
about caulk, silicone and big tits. Your complaints are things you can
avoid.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 03 May 2009 23:52:18 GMT,
(TommyV) wrote:

TommyV had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ks-172928-.htm
:
I wish I would have looked at this site before - GE Caulk sux big ones -
will not dry

If it doesn't dry, it was too old. Sometimes I can make a tube last
for years, but sometimes they get too old before then. IIRC it
sometimes smells sort of like vinegar when it's too old.

If you think it's too old, apply a dab to a piece of paper and wait to
see if it dries. If it dries nice, then do your job.

and is starting to crack - DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT - DO NOT
USE ANY GE CAULK AT ALL - THEY ARE THE WORST!!!

You know 10's, maybe 100's, of millions of people use it successfully.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 4, 12:27*am, mm wrote:
On 03 May 2009 23:52:18 GMT,

http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...one-II-Sucks-1...
:
I wish I would have looked at this site before - GE Caulk sux big ones -
will not dry

If it doesn't dry, it was too old. * Sometimes I can make a tube last
for years, but sometimes they get too old before then. IIRC it
sometimes smells sort of like vinegar when it's too old.

If you think it's too old, apply a dab to a piece of paper and wait to
see if it dries. * If it dries nice, then do your job.

and is starting to crack - DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT - DO NOT
USE ANY GE CAULK AT ALL - THEY ARE THE WORST!!!

You know 10's, maybe 100's, of millions of people use it successfully.

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Guy probably works for DAP, only from the stuko grp do idiots come a
bitchin
Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

On May 3, 11:39*pm, ransley wrote:
On May 3, 6:52*pm, (TommyV)
wrote:

TommyV had written this in response tohttp://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-GE-Silicone-II-Sucks-1...
*:
I wish I would have looked at this site before - GE Caulk sux big ones -
will not dry and is starting to crack - DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT - DO NOT
USE ANY GE CAULK AT ALL - THEY ARE THE WORST!!!

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

I use it alot and have no issues, I buy newly dated tubes and dont put
it on thick, if it doesnt stink I know its old. Id suggest you learn
about caulk, silicone and big tits. Your complaints are things you can
avoid.

I hope you realize that you are responding to someone who dredged up a
3 year old thread.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"KC" wrote:
I hope you realize that you are responding to someone who dredged up a
3 year old thread.

The suckocompany will do about anything to SPAM their business on usenet.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've had poor results with Dap.

Dap is crap, Dow is wow.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"TommyV" wrote in
message

I wish I would have looked at this site before - GE Caulk
sux big ones -
will not dry and is starting to crack - DO NOT USE THIS
PRODUCT - DO NOT
USE ANY GE CAULK AT ALL - THEY ARE THE WORST!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Lets move this discussion to alt.lite.bulb please.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"KC" wrote in message

I hope you realize that you are responding to someone who
dredged up a
3 year old thread.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 4 May 2009 18:45:15 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I've had poor results with Dap.

Dap is crap, Dow is wow.

GE is whee?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jd Jd is offline

replying to ****ed, Jd wrote:
Thanks GE, your silicon sucks ass and will be the last tube I ever buy from
you. I have to remove a glass enclosure now because your ****ty product did
not cure. Sets me back three day on this job. You frickin suck.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ks-172780-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 00:14:02 GMT, Jd
m wrote:

replying to ****ed, Jd wrote:
Thanks GE, your silicon sucks ass and will be the last tube I ever buy from
you. I have to remove a glass enclosure now because your ****ty product did
not cure. Sets me back three day on this job. You frickin suck.

How cold was it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/13/2018 08:14 PM, Jd wrote:
replying to ****ed, Jd wrote:
Thanks GE, your silicon sucks ass and will be the last tube I ever buy from
you. I have to remove a glass enclosure now because your ****ty product did
not cure. Sets me back three day on this job. You frickin suck.

There is an expiration date on the tube.Â* Never attempt to exceed it.

Home Depot sucks Anthona Home Repair 44 September 30th 06 07:46 PM
Whirlpool warranty sucks Steve Home Ownership 3 October 31st 05 05:37 AM
Sucks no more ... DIYGUY Woodworking 7 December 21st 04 07:25 PM
Maytag Repair sucks. AJ Home Ownership 3 August 23rd 04 07:38 AM