DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Not enough heat coming from Vent (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/184915-not-enough-heat-coming-vent.html)

Wes December 5th 06 05:46 PM

Not enough heat coming from Vent

Hi Everyone!

I have two heat vents that do blow heat, but not very hard. I have
adjusted the dampers as much as I can, but a HVAC guy told me it is
just the way the ducts are run. Withouth re-running ducts, is there a
way to blow more heat out of vents? I read somewhere that you may be
able to add small blowers inside the vents? Does anyone know of this?

Thanks,
Wes

Malcolm Hoar December 5th 06 06:43 PM

In article . com, "Wes" wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I have two heat vents that do blow heat, but not very hard. I have
adjusted the dampers as much as I can, but a HVAC guy told me it is
just the way the ducts are run. Withouth re-running ducts, is there a
way to blow more heat out of vents? I read somewhere that you may be
able to add small blowers inside the vents? Does anyone know of this?

They certainly exist. Google on terms like:

register fan
booster fan duct

you'll find a bunch.

I have never installed one. They need a power source so
it's not totally trivial. And I'm pretty skeptical about
them. An extra fan isn't going to make a heating system
produce more heat by magic. It might give you a little
more control over the distribution of the heat.

On the other hand, fans create drafts, and drafts (even
warm ones) tend to feel cool. So even if you're able
to move more warm air into those areas, it might in
fact *feel* cooler.

Sadly, builders frequently install crappy forced air
systems with poor ducts. Short of ripping the place
apart and starting over, there isn't much one can do
about it. Very frustrating indeed!

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |

Charles Schuler December 5th 06 09:38 PM

Not enough heat coming from Vent

"Wes" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Everyone!

I have two heat vents that do blow heat, but not very hard. I have
adjusted the dampers as much as I can, but a HVAC guy told me it is
just the way the ducts are run. Withouth re-running ducts, is there a
way to blow more heat out of vents? I read somewhere that you may be
able to add small blowers inside the vents? Does anyone know of this?

Sometimes it is possible to cut the flow on other runs to better balance the
system.

Morvin Stayner December 6th 06 02:12 AM

Not enough heat coming from Vent

"Wes" wrote in news:1165340806.815953.168700@