DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mastercraft Snowblower + Tecumseh Engine (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/184832-mastercraft-snowblower-tecumseh-engine.html)

[email protected] December 5th 06 12:03 AM

Mastercraft Snowblower + Tecumseh Engine

I just came across an old Mastercraft snowblower with a Tecumseh
engine. It won't start and I don't really know much about small engine
repair. I am planning to replace the belts and spark plug and see if
that works. I don't have a manual, but I do have the model number.
Does anyone know where to get a manual for an old machine like this??

Nate Nagel December 5th 06 12:04 AM

wrote:
I just came across an old Mastercraft snowblower with a Tecumseh
engine. It won't start and I don't really know much about small engine
repair. I am planning to replace the belts and spark plug and see if
that works. I don't have a manual, but I do have the model number.
Does anyone know where to get a manual for an old machine like this??

If you have a Tecumseh that won't run, I'll bet you it's one of two
things. Gunk in the carburetor not letting fuel pass through, and/or a
sheared flywheel key. Also a dirty air filter will make it hard to
start, just take the filter off until you get it to fire, then when you
have it running good buy a new one.

For belts, you don't need a manual, just take the old belts to your
FLAPS and have them match them up by length.

good luck,

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

[email protected] December 18th 06 11:42 PM

Mastercraft Snowblower + Tecumseh Engine

I have tried a couple of things to get this motor started:

1) Changed spark plug
2) Removed carb and cleaned it

Still no go! You mentioned the sheared flywheel key. Where would I
locate this? I have removed the pull cord section and can view the
flywheel, but how can I tell where the flywheel key is? Thanks!!

Jason