DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Refinishing living room floors (carpet) - options for stairs (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/184164-refinishing-living-room-floors-carpet-options-stairs.html)

hombrewdude November 28th 06 06:35 PM

Refinishing living room floors (carpet) - options for stairs

We have cheap carpet in our living room.
This is also on the stairs.

We would like to put down pre-finished hardwood floors.
What are options for the stairs? I imagine they are just plain pine
boards.
The stairs are loose and squeak..

Are hardwood stairs slick?

My stairs are also not straight.
They have a 90degree spiral from the front door to the top level

Any suggestions??

[email protected] November 28th 06 06:53 PM

On Nov 28, 1:35 pm, "hombrewdude" wrote:
We have cheap carpet in our living room.
This is also on the stairs.

We would like to put down pre-finished hardwood floors.
What are options for the stairs? I imagine they are just plain pine
boards.
The stairs are loose and squeak..

Are hardwood stairs slick?

My stairs are also not straight.
They have a 90degree spiral from the front door to the top level

Any suggestions??

Hardwood stairs are slick. I have them and hate them. I would carpet
if it doesn't blow your scheme.

[email protected] November 28th 06 09:26 PM

Refinishing living room floors (carpet) - options for stairs

Try a nice rug, or just carpet the middle of each run. You get the
nice look of the wood on the sides and the risers.

hombrewdude November 29th 06 09:22 PM

Refinishing living room floors (carpet) - options for stairs

I like the carpet in the center look.

Is this something I can do myself?? Or do I need to call someone who
does carpets?