DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Magic Chef dryer will not start (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/184056-magic-chef-dryer-will-not-start.html)

[email protected] November 27th 06 08:55 PM

Magic Chef dryer will not start

I have a Magic Chef dryer with an electronic control panel. When I
press the buttons on the control panel I get lights, so there is power
getting to the dryer. However, when I press Start nothing happens and
if I open the door the interior light does not go on. I removed the
door switch and brought it to the parts store but they checked it and
it works. Does anyone have any other ideas for me?

Thanks.

[email protected] November 29th 06 04:11 AM

Magic Chef dryer will not start

Without model information, it is hard to guess what basic platform your
dryer is built on, but one place to look is the thermal fuse that is on
the right side of the element housing that is at the top back of the
drum. You can take a putty knife and slip it under the front edge of
the top to release two clips that hold it down, then rotate it up on
its hinges. You'll see the element at the back. The thermal fuse can
open, usually from lack of airflow. Once fixed, make sure your venting
is clear and not not kinked.