Posted to alt.home.repair

Default electric garage door stuck on manual......

Our power went out today so we disengaged the electric garage door (by
pulling the emergency release cord) and opened and closed it
manually........but now that the power is back on, we can't seem to
"re-engage" it......before, we would just pull on the cord again (in
the opposite direction) and we would be able to use the
electric......???

Posted to alt.home.repair

The one on mine disengages the lift from the screw. You have to push it
back on to engage it again. Then, cycle the door up and down.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 26 Nov 2006 18:10:59 -0800, "lark265" wrote:

Our power went out today so we disengaged the electric garage door (by
pulling the emergency release cord) and opened and closed it
manually........but now that the power is back on, we can't seem to
"re-engage" it......before, we would just pull on the cord again (in
the opposite direction) and we would be able to use the
electric......???

IMHO:

First check your owner's manual.

Now this is how I engage mine again. I have a little arm, that points
down when pulled, removing a pin from a track. when I push that pin
back into a horizontial position, the pin is pushed back into the
track. However, the pin doesn't often line up with the little 'car'
that runs on the chain. So I cycle the garage door openner, and in
the pulling operation, or pushing, it manages to force the 'car' back
under the pin. Then I'm done.

This works for me, but I'm guessing we don't have the same type setup,
and door.

later,

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

Posted to alt.home.repair

My Sears, bought about 3 years ago, works as follows. When you pull
down on the release cord, it pulls the small plastic arm vertical and
it then locks in the disengaged position. I think this is a good idea,
as it prevents it from re-engaging if you need to open/close the door a
few times. To re-engage, you pull the cord frontwards or backwards on
an angle and then release it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

It would be easier to help you out if we knew what make
and model your electric garage door opener happens to be...

Rich
http://www.garagedoorsupply.com