Old August 2nd 18, 09:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair
MJG MJG is offline

Default What is this discoloration in toilet?

replying to zcarenow, MJG wrote:
Had this problem, it's urine sediment build up. In my case had a pee, forgot
to flush as I was leaving to go on holiday, doh!
Tried everything then came across Calsolve toilet descaler, about £15 on
amazon. Fantastic, really works. Follow instructions including hot water.
Sorted!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...et-169783-.htm

Old August 3rd 18, 03:43 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/25/2018 1:14 PM, serendipity wrote:
replying to zcarenow, serendipity wrote:
Had same - disgusting brown gunk all over bottom of bowl.* Tried absolutly
everything for a year.* Then tried new/old product
Domestios Zero from supermarket.* Left it for a few hours - a brilliant
result
- brown gunk had peeled off.* Have used on all bathroom items since, with
excellent results.

I just pour in 1/2 cup bleach, then lay a layer of TP on the sides above
the water with 1/2" in the water to wick the bleach water above the
water level. Flush it 6 or more hours later, and it's pretty clean.
Old August 3rd 18, 11:45 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Vinegar may not be strong enough. Use phosphoric acid. Muriatic acid is likely to etch the porcelain.
Old August 10th 18, 02:14 PM posted to alt.home.repair

replying to hallerb, Steve-O-Rino wrote:
I've thought the same. But the more I think about it, it 'snot the 'safety
hype'. It's the lawyers who have everybody afraid they'll get sued for
suggesting something where someone gets hurt. "He told me I should do it!"

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...et-169783-.htm

Old September 24th 18, 08:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair

replying to zcarenow, tom cassidy wrote:
if you go to a chemist shop buy a bottle of caustic soada granuals put 2or 3
table spoons down the loo last thing at night or when it will be least used
leave over night flush well in the morn prob will be solved. gnteed.also very
good to unblock drains.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...et-169783-.htm

Old October 25th 18, 02:14 PM posted to alt.home.repair

replying to zcarenow, Prairie Girl wrote:
Try full strength bleach poured into the water and left for several hours (or
overnight). Weekly cleaning followed by a splash of bleach in the water, and
you won’t see this again!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...et-169783-.htm

Old October 26th 18, 05:05 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/25/2018 10:33 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Thu 25 Oct 2018 05:14:02a, Prairie Girl told us...

replying to zcarenow, Prairie Girl wrote:
Try full strength bleach poured into the water and left for
several hours (or overnight). Weekly cleaning followed by a
splash of bleach in the water, and you won’t see this again!

We had two brand new toilets tht quickly began a discoloration at the
water line in the bowl. We tried leaviang bleach in overnight but it
didn't work for us initially. To finally get rid of it we used a
commercial acid-based toilet cleaner that completely eradicated it.
Now we drop in a cholorine tablet into the tank once a month and the
stain has never occured again.

Flush the toilet, add 1/2 cup bleach, then lay a layer of TP all around
on the bowl so the lower edge is in the water, over the stain. Flush it
in the morning.
Old December 25th 18, 06:44 AM posted to alt.home.repair

replying to zcarenow, DBeck350 wrote:
It’s really old Pooh stains. Just like the discoloration in thighty
whities. Nothing can be done about it. Pooh is Pooh so Pooh on my
friend........Pooh on.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...et-169783-.htm

Wood DIScoloration Steve B Woodworking 2 January 9th 06 05:43 PM
Copper sink discoloration [email protected] Home Repair 6 December 28th 05 09:38 PM
Brass discoloration? ? ? Ray Home Repair 3 October 20th 05 12:58 AM
Help with discoloration on TV KitKat Electronics Repair 6 January 25th 05 04:17 AM
discoloration on dining table gardin Home Repair 0 August 28th 04 03:38 PM