Old August 2nd 18, 08:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair
MJG MJG is offline

Default What is this discoloration in toilet?

replying to zcarenow, MJG wrote:
Had this problem, it's urine sediment build up. In my case had a pee, forgot
to flush as I was leaving to go on holiday, doh!
Tried everything then came across Calsolve toilet descaler, about £15 on
amazon. Fantastic, really works. Follow instructions including hot water.
Sorted!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...et-169783-.htm

Old August 3rd 18, 02:43 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/25/2018 1:14 PM, serendipity wrote:
replying to zcarenow, serendipity wrote:
Had same - disgusting brown gunk all over bottom of bowl.* Tried absolutly
everything for a year.* Then tried new/old product
Domestios Zero from supermarket.* Left it for a few hours - a brilliant
result
- brown gunk had peeled off.* Have used on all bathroom items since, with
excellent results.

I just pour in 1/2 cup bleach, then lay a layer of TP on the sides above
the water with 1/2" in the water to wick the bleach water above the
water level. Flush it 6 or more hours later, and it's pretty clean.
Old August 3rd 18, 10:45 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Vinegar may not be strong enough. Use phosphoric acid. Muriatic acid is likely to etch the porcelain.
Old August 10th 18, 01:14 PM posted to alt.home.repair

replying to hallerb, Steve-O-Rino wrote:
I've thought the same. But the more I think about it, it 'snot the 'safety
hype'. It's the lawyers who have everybody afraid they'll get sued for
suggesting something where someone gets hurt. "He told me I should do it!"

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...et-169783-.htm

Wood DIScoloration Steve B Woodworking 2 January 9th 06 04:43 PM
Copper sink discoloration [email protected] Home Repair 6 December 28th 05 08:38 PM
Brass discoloration? ? ? Ray Home Repair 3 October 19th 05 11:58 PM
Help with discoloration on TV KitKat Electronics Repair 6 January 25th 05 03:17 AM
discoloration on dining table gardin Home Repair 0 August 28th 04 02:38 PM