Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recurring crack in the ceiling

Hello,

We have very recently repaired 2 cracks in the ceiling of the second
floor in a 45 year old home. One crack ran between two AC registers,
and another ran from a corner of one interior wall towards the center
of the ceiling. I looked up today to find the cracks re-appearing in
the same exact spots.

We spoke to the contractor who did the original repairs, and he is
going to come and take a look tomorrow. He said that in the best case,
he can put some braces between the beams in question and redo the
ceiling there, and in the worst case, he'll have to put up new
sheetrock.

My question is: are there any other options? I read somewhere that
it's possible to put ceiling tape to help prevent the recurring
cracks.. Is that reasonable? Is anything else possible?

Thank you very much!
Elana

Posted to alt.home.repair

Interesting topic...

[Furious01 u563550]

Games I like to play!

elanamig wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

I had some reoccuring cracks here. 10 years ago I had them taped and
they havent reoccured, which was purely amazing

Sheetrock ceiling vs. drop ceiling tiles bluerock1 Home Repair 4 November 8th 06 05:10 AM
Recurring GE Ice maker problem; help Arthur Home Repair 11 May 16th 06 06:02 PM
Old Ceiling Fan/Light gone with two wires coming from the ceiling CJ Home Repair 2 April 19th 06 03:22 PM
repairing crack in drywall ceiling ? Roger F. Home Repair 8 April 18th 04 05:38 AM
Major ceiling crack Ben C Home Repair 8 July 25th 03 06:46 PM