Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage Door Opener..??

I've got a garage door about 3 years old. It's got 2 "openers", but
recently the door has failed to open when I've "click" it.
At first it was just every few times, but then I noted the door would
open only if I clicked from a few houses away while driving up to my house.
But.., now the damn thing isn't working at all. I've changed out the
batteries twice with no improvement.
Does the garage unit change frequencies.., or slide around a little.., or
what..? Thanks in advance..!! Mike..!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike wrote:

I've got a garage door about 3 years old. It's got 2 "openers", but
recently the door has failed to open when I've "click" it.
At first it was just every few times, but then I noted the door would
open only if I clicked from a few houses away while driving up to my house.
But.., now the damn thing isn't working at all. I've changed out the
batteries twice with no improvement.
Does the garage unit change frequencies.., or slide around a little.., or
what..? Thanks in advance..!! Mike..!!

Hi.
Opener has a pig tail antenna. Maybe it is loose or fell out.
I don't open door from few houses away for security reason. Some one
may roll inside while you do that. Haven't you heard that? Would be
robber will jump into your garage while you do that in the dark evening.
Or maybe you live in crime free neighborhood?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Mike wrote:

I've got a garage door about 3 years old. It's got 2 "openers", but
recently the door has failed to open when I've "click" it.
At first it was just every few times, but then I noted the door would
open only if I clicked from a few houses away while driving up to my house.
But.., now the damn thing isn't working at all. I've changed out the
batteries twice with no improvement.
Does the garage unit change frequencies.., or slide around a little.., or
what..? Thanks in advance..!! Mike..!!

Hi.
Opener has a pig tail antenna. Maybe it is loose or fell out.
I don't open door from few houses away for security reason. Some one
may roll inside while you do that. Haven't you heard that? Would be
robber will jump into your garage while you do that in the dark evening.
Or maybe you live in crime free neighborhood?

The new openers have a pseudo random code generator for security. The
codes in the opener and in the remote change after each use in a pseudo
random fashion. If they somehow get totally out of sync with each
other, they will no longer work. The manual will have the procedure
to go through to resync them. I'd try that first.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Try re-teaching the remote to the garage door opener. Most GDO's have a
"learn" button on them somewhere, usually located behind the shade that
covers the lightbulbs. Press the learn button, then press the button on
you're remote to teach it in.

"Mike" wrote in message
I've got a garage door about 3 years old. It's got 2 "openers", but
recently the door has failed to open when I've "click" it.
At first it was just every few times, but then I noted the door would
open only if I clicked from a few houses away while driving up to my
house.
But.., now the damn thing isn't working at all. I've changed out the
batteries twice with no improvement.
Does the garage unit change frequencies.., or slide around a little..,
or what..? Thanks in advance..!! Mike..!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike wrote:
I've got a garage door about 3 years old. It's got 2 "openers", but
recently the door has failed to open when I've "click" it.
At first it was just every few times, but then I noted the door would
open only if I clicked from a few houses away while driving up to my house.
But.., now the damn thing isn't working at all. I've changed out the
batteries twice with no improvement.
Does the garage unit change frequencies.., or slide around a little.., or
what..? Thanks in advance..!! Mike..!!

It would help to know what brand/model opener.

Garage Door Opener - More HP ok??? Rick2950 Home Repair 2 November 14th 06 01:04 AM
overhead door garage door opener [email protected] Home Ownership 2 September 17th 06 07:30 PM
Garage Door opener rbiondi Home Repair 4 November 30th 05 09:33 PM
Garage Door Opener don Home Repair 2 June 10th 05 08:22 PM