DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cleaning grout/caulk off jacuzzi (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/183453-cleaning-grout-caulk-off-jacuzzi.html)

Art November 21st 06 04:57 PM

Cleaning grout/caulk off jacuzzi

We are removing tile from a jacuzzi surround and the jacuzzi will be sitting
on the new surround instead of having tile butt up against it so we need to
clean grout and caulk off edge of Jacuzzi brand tub. Any suggestions for
solvent that won't damage acrylic/fiberglass tub? Thanks.

Joe November 21st 06 11:07 PM

Art wrote:
We are removing tile from a jacuzzi surround and the jacuzzi will be sitting
on the new surround instead of having tile butt up against it so we need to
clean grout and caulk off edge of Jacuzzi brand tub. Any suggestions for
solvent that won't damage acrylic/fiberglass tub? Thanks.

Call Jacuzzi customer service and ask them. It is likely that
installers have had mishaps with tile grout before so they should have
some good ideas. Good luck.

Joe