DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   GE igniter replacement for a GE XL44 oven (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/183424-ge-igniter-replacement-ge-xl44-oven.html)

srlk2 November 21st 06 03:28 PM

GE igniter replacement for a GE XL44 oven

the igniter on my oven/ lower igniter part #wb2x9154 is not working what is
the best way to access this part on the oven/i have tried to go in from the
top, but that still doesnt give me access to the electrical wires(can see
it just cant get my fingers on it). of course there were no directions
with the part any help would be greatly

jolt November 21st 06 03:41 PM

"srlk2" wrote in message
news:b3d73532cb03a5ce09a7b3bdbb8aba63@homerepairli ve.com...
the igniter on my oven/ lower igniter part #wb2x9154 is not working what
is
the best way to access this part on the oven/i have tried to go in from
the
top, but that still doesnt give me access to the electrical wires(can see
it just cant get my fingers on it). of course there were no directions
with the part any help would be greatly

Lift on the oven door and remove, it will get in your way when servicing the
burner. Remove the oven racks, then remove the lower panel, the bottom of
the stove interior. The burner and ignition now should be fully exposed and
easy to service. While installing the new ignitor DO NOT TOUCH THE IGNITOR,
if you do it can burn out from the oils on your fingers. Handle it with the
material that it was packaged in.