Posted to alt.home.repair
ne@ ne@ is offline

Default Armstrong gas furnace won't start

Hi,

I have a Armstrong Air Ultra V - Tech 80 furnace with a Honeywell
Smartvalve II SV9520H which doesn't start. Here are the details about
the problem:

1. When the thermostat is on the OFF position, the led indicating the
status is showing the normal function "heartbeat"
2. Turn the heat on the thermostat (80 F) and set the thermostat to
AUTO - nothing happens, the furnace won't kick off.
3. Set the thermostat switch to ON - the blower kicks off but the gas
won't light. After about 20-30 seconds, the status led starts flashing
3 times which means: "Presure switch open. Should be closed".

NOTE: The gas is on and the furnace turned on from the main switch.

Any idea of what might be wrong with the furnace and how can I solve
the problem?

Thanks,
ne@

Posted to alt.home.repair

guessing: on my non electronic boiler, the exhaust from the combustion
is blown up the flue to the chimney and a silicone tube connects the
suction port of the flue blower motor to a switch. the switch tells the
controller it is ok to light the gas main, with power off, i disconnect
the hose and poke the suction port nipple with a paperclip to clear its
blockage.

ne@ wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ne@" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Sounds like the purge blower is out. A call for heat should bring on the
(purge blower) blower on the flue and purge the furnace before the ignition
system lights the burner. If the purge blower comes on then fails to go to
ignition, then look for flue obstructions or bad blower wheel.

Posted to alt.home.repair

ne@ posted for all of us...

[...]

Google is broken at your house? This has been addressed SO MANY times.
--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.

Posted to alt.home.repair

That sounds right jolt. I just realized the blower is not working. That's
the reason the pressure switch doen't get closed, there is no suction on
the hose to close the switch.

I checked the switch and works perfectly.

First, I hear some noise inside and I thought the blower started, but no,
the BLOWER WON'T START.

Any of you guys have any idea how ca I troubleshoot/fix this?

Thanks,
ne@
Posted to alt.home.repair

For a draft inducer fan not working, the usual answer is to check for
power getting to the fan. If power, then replace the inducer fan. They
are a fairly common part.

If the inducer runs, but the vacuum switch doesn't operate, check for
clogged or blocked combustion air tubes. Bees nest in the exhaust?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"adiv13" wrote in message
news:3400caee33d5c47a4223756aa1314096@homerepairli ve.com...
That sounds right jolt. I just realized the blower is not working.
That's
the reason the pressure switch doen't get closed, there is no suction
on
the hose to close the switch.

I checked the switch and works perfectly.

First, I hear some noise inside and I thought the blower started, but
no,
the BLOWER WON'T START.

Any of you guys have any idea how ca I troubleshoot/fix this?

Thanks,
ne@

Ignition Problem Fix for Armstrong Ultra SX-80 Furnace Roy Zimmerman Home Repair 15 February 25th 21 03:45 PM
furnace won't start geodav Home Repair 0 November 6th 06 01:40 PM
Replacing gas furnace (was New Gas Furnace Time) [email protected] Home Ownership 0 February 18th 05 10:31 PM
Replacing gas furnace (was New Gas Furnace Time) [email protected] Home Repair 0 February 18th 05 10:31 PM
Armstrong furnace is noisey John D Home Repair 1 January 12th 04 11:10 PM