DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pilot light out of the dryer (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/183109-pilot-light-out-dryer.html)

Anthona November 18th 06 08:08 PM

Pilot light out of the dryer

Is it as dangerous to have a dryer pilot light out as it is from a gas
furnace? I can't seem to relit the pilot. I'm thinking, till the
utility company comes to check it out..is there any real danger..I hope
this is not a stupid question...cause if is, spare me:)

HeyBub November 18th 06 08:21 PM

Pilot light out of the dryer

Anthona wrote:
Is it as dangerous to have a dryer pilot light out as it is from a gas
furnace? I can't seem to relit the pilot. I'm thinking, till the
utility company comes to check it out..is there any real danger..I
hope this is not a stupid question...cause if is, spare me:)

Smell gas? - Danger.
Don't smell gas (normal condition) - no danger

lee houston November 18th 06 08:33 PM

Pilot light out of the dryer

"Anthona" wrote in message
ps.com...
Is it as dangerous to have a dryer pilot light out as it is from a gas
furnace? I can't seem to relit the pilot. I'm thinking, till the
utility company comes to check it out..is there any real danger..I hope
this is not a stupid question...cause if is, spare me:)

Should be a cutoff valve where dryer attaches to 'wall'?
If in doubt, shut the valve off.

lee

BiloxiBoy November 19th 06 01:07 AM

Pilot light out of the dryer

Anthona wrote:
Is it as dangerous to have a dryer pilot light out as it is from a gas
furnace? I can't seem to relit the pilot. I'm thinking, till the
utility company comes to check it out..is there any real danger..I hope
this is not a stupid question...cause if is, spare me:)

Must be a r-e-a-l-l-y old dryer. Are you sure it's a pilot light -
flame - or is it electronic ignition?

Joseph Meehan November 19th 06 03:49 PM

Pilot light out of the dryer

Anthona wrote:
Is it as dangerous to have a dryer pilot light out as it is from a gas
furnace? I can't seem to relit the pilot. I'm thinking, till the
utility company comes to check it out..is there any real danger..I
hope this is not a stupid question...cause if is, spare me:)

It should have a shutoff so that it will sense the pilot light being out
and shut off the gas. Most modern dryers use electronic ignition and have
no pilot.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit