DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I Have a Short Somewhere ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/183100-i-have-short-somewhere.html)

[email protected] November 18th 06 04:59 PM

I Have a Short Somewhere ?

I did the plastic gear replacement on my 1/4 horse opener. This opener
I would estimate to be about 12 years old. It worked fine before I
replaced gears (except for the gears being stripped). Now when I plug
it in and hit the wall button to test it throws the breaker. The light
comes on fine, I have rechecked my blue to blue etc.. Could my
capacitor be the culprit? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Ralph Mowery November 18th 06 05:26 PM

I Have a Short Somewhere ?

It could be you do not have the gears in correct and the motor shaft is
locked up.

ups.com...

[email protected] November 18th 06 05:27 PM

I Have a Short Somewhere ? FIXED!

wrote:
I did the plastic gear replacement on my 1/4 horse opener. This opener
I would estimate to be about 12 years old. It worked fine before I
replaced gears (except for the gears being stripped). Now when I plug
it in and hit the wall button to test it throws the breaker. The light
comes on fine, I have rechecked my blue to blue etc.. Could my
capacitor be the culprit? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

I had inadvertantly pinched a wire with a mounting screw when I
replaced the gear assembly...problem solved

[email protected] November 18th 06 08:55 PM

On 18 Nov 2006 09:27:01 -0800, wrote:

wrote:
I did the plastic gear replacement on my 1/4 horse opener. This opener
I would estimate to be about 12 years old. It worked fine before I
replaced gears (except for the gears being stripped). Now when I plug
it in and hit the wall button to test it throws the breaker. The light
comes on fine, I have rechecked my blue to blue etc.. Could my
capacitor be the culprit? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

I had inadvertantly pinched a wire with a mounting screw when I
replaced the gear assembly...problem solved

Poor wire......
How would you like it if someone pinched your dick in a gear.....
I bet you'd blow a fuse too........ LOL......