DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Question? Apollo, Gas or Electric, etc. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/182741-question-apollo-gas-electric-etc.html)

[email protected] November 15th 06 04:11 PM

Question? Apollo, Gas or Electric, etc.

When I'm asked to explain what type of "System" I have in my house, I'm
at a loss for words as to how to explain it properly. They ask: Gas
or Electric? Heat Pump? Forced Air? Oil Heater? Apollo? All these
terms are very confusing. I was wondering if someone more knowlegeable
in these areas could help me out.

I've checked the water heater, and I have a ruudglas pacemaker dv
p400v. I was told when I bought the house that I have an "Apollo"
System for heating and air conditioning. My air conditioning unit
outside the house says it is a Janitrol.

When someone asks me what type of water heater do you have, gas or
electric or heat pump or forced air or apollo system, etc. How
should I answer them?

Thanks

Speedy Jim November 15th 06 05:29 PM

wrote:
When I'm asked to explain what type of "System" I have in my house, I'm
at a loss for words as to how to explain it properly. They ask: Gas
or Electric? Heat Pump? Forced Air? Oil Heater? Apollo? All these
terms are very confusing. I was wondering if someone more knowlegeable
in these areas could help me out.

I've checked the water heater, and I have a ruudglas pacemaker dv
p400v. I was told when I bought the house that I have an "Apollo"
System for heating and air conditioning. My air conditioning unit
outside the house says it is a Janitrol.

When someone asks me what type of water heater do you have, gas or
electric or heat pump or forced air or apollo system, etc. How
should I answer them?

Thanks

Apollo is the name of the investment firm which bought out
privately held Goodman furnace. Goodman was the maker of the
Janitrol label (and others).

Goodman makes gas furnaces. You can get the furnace model #
off the nameplate on the furnace itself and research that.

http://www.johnmills.net/work/history.html
http://www.appliancemagazine.com/new...zone=0&first=1
http://blog.kir.com/archives/001388.asp
for more history.