DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   patching old bath tiles (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/182634-patching-old-bath-tiles.html)

tmefoy November 15th 06 12:00 AM

patching old bath tiles

REmoving some paneling from a bathroom wall, I discovered the original 1920s tile beneath it. there are several holes drilled into the tile, which I'd like to patch and paint. Please give any advice on patching material and type of paint. Some of the holes are near the sink, so they will occasionally get wet. thanks.

[email protected] November 15th 06 08:02 PM

patching old bath tiles

--
tmefoy

Tile-patching compound is kinda like hen's teeth. Nonesuch.

You might try experimenting with plumber's epoxy and touch-up paint
to see what might work. That's what I'd do, absent replacement tile(s).