DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fixing Carpet Cleaner (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/182632-fixing-carpet-cleaner.html)

dnoyeB November 14th 06 09:34 PM

Fixing Carpet Cleaner

I have a hoover carpet cleaner I have used for about 5-8 years. it breaks
frequently and I need a new place for parts because the last one seems to
be out of business. Does anyone know a website to get hoover carpet
cleaner parts so I can keep fixing this thing.

Or maybe a better brand that is not plactic junk that will last a bit
longer?

Or should I try taking it into the local store? The unit only cost about
$200.

Thanks!

dnoyeB

Art November 14th 06 10:33 PM

Fixing Carpet Cleaner

Apparently these thing hold up well on shorter type carpets but die an early
death on shags. You could buy a Rug Docter unit which are normally rented
out. There is sales contact info on the rental units.

Richard J Kinch November 15th 06 06:13 AM

Fixing Carpet Cleaner

dnoyeB writes:

Or maybe a better brand that is not plactic junk that will last a bit
longer?

The Bissel Big Green is plastic but has held up for many years for us, with
a few improvised repairs. It does a pretty good job imitating a scaled-
down commercial extraction cleaner.