DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Like some info Wood to cement (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/182062-like-some-info-wood-cement.html)

[email protected] November 10th 06 01:36 AM

Like some info Wood to cement

Any ideas on how to attach a wooded wall frame to a basement cement
floor with out nailing made with some kind of glue... Any Ideas or
recomendations... thanks

[email protected] November 10th 06 01:51 AM

Like some info Wood to cement

if the cement is clean and dry, a good thick bead of 2-part epoxy.

better to use tapcons.

syswizard November 10th 06 02:20 AM

wrote:
if the cement is clean and dry, a good thick bead of 2-part epoxy.

better to use tapcons.

Agreed. It'll cost you a fortune to use epoxt for such a large area.
Beg, borrow, or steal a hammer-drill ($120) and get some tapcon screws
($45-60).

BobK207 November 10th 06 02:52 AM

wrote:
Any ideas on how to attach a wooded wall frame to a basement cement
floor with out nailing made with some kind of glue... Any Ideas or
recomendations... thanks

Why the requirement of no "nails"?

The fastest & easiest way to attach the treated sill of your wall to
the concrete floor is:

Pre-drill the sill (1/2 or 5/8 depending one local requirements) I use
5/8"

Rotary hammer into the floor

Hammer in a "drop in" style anchor.....Hiti Quik Bolt or equal; SImpson
Strong tie had a screw in type anchor

IF you must have an adhesive solution

Use SIKA AnchorFix #1 or #3 & put two heavy (3/8") beads on the
bottom of the sill about 3/4" in from each edge. Be aware that this
solution will cost about $2 per ft of sill anchored. A single
cartridge will only do about 7 ft.

AnchorFix #1 gels in 5 minutes, hard in 1/2 hour #3 gels in 1/2 hr
hard overnight

cheers
Bob

IMO use mechanical fasteners

Bob S. November 10th 06 03:03 AM

BobK207 wrote:

The fastest & easiest way to attach the treated sill of your wall to
the concrete floor is:

Pre-drill the sill (1/2 or 5/8 depending one local requirements) I use
5/8"

Rotary hammer into the floor

What's wrong with shooting it down with a ramset? They were used for
years and walls are still standing.

Edwin Pawlowski November 10th 06 03:26 AM

Like some info Wood to cement

wrote in message
oups.com...
Any ideas on how to attach a wooded wall frame to a basement cement
floor with out nailing made with some kind of glue... Any Ideas or
recomendations... thanks

Polyurethane construction adhesive in a tube for a caulking gun. About $4 a
tube. Incredibly strong stuff.

BobK207 November 10th 06 03:58 AM

Bob S. wrote:
BobK207 wrote:

The fastest & easiest way to attach the treated sill of your wall to
the concrete floor is:

Pre-drill the sill (1/2 or 5/8 depending one local requirements) I use
5/8"

Rotary hammer into the floor

What's wrong with shooting it down with a ramset? They were used for
years and walls are still standing.

cuz' the OP asked for glue?

He didn't want nails

& IMO he seemed like powder actuated tools would not be a good
suggestion

Rotary hammer, a drill & misc hand tools seemed like a better
suggestion

just my 2 cents

cheers
Bob