DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Opening garage doors (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/181964-opening-garage-doors.html)

gary November 9th 06 03:37 AM

Opening garage doors

Can a Genie garage-door opener with 12 DIP switches be operated by a
"universal" remote control with 10 DIP switches? If "Yes", how do I
match the DIP switches?

Steve Barker LT November 9th 06 03:45 AM

Opening garage doors

Yes, and I don't remember. My son did it.

--
Steve Barker

oups.com...

Craven Morehead November 9th 06 01:18 PM

Opening garage doors

Flip the two extra switches off.
oups.com...

gary November 9th 06 07:05 PM

Opening garage doors

According to:

A 10 DIP switch remote can NOT operate a 12 DIP switch opener. Both
must have the same exact dip switches.