DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   The temperature controller on a Kenmore fridge (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/181935-temperature-controller-kenmore-fridge.html)

Dick Adams November 8th 06 05:06 PM

The temperature controller on a Kenmore fridge

I think I broke the temperature controller on my very old
Kenmore fridge and I know there are no replacement parts.

I broke it by turning it to far to fast.

Is it worth trying to repair without a schematic or should
I just hot wire it on and use an external controller?

Dick

Eric in North TX November 8th 06 06:16 PM

The temperature controller on a Kenmore fridge

They make "temporary thermostats" for the repair trade, I used one the
entire time I had one of my fridges, probably 10 years.