DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Toilet Handles (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/181706-re-toilet-handles.html)

Pete C. November 6th 06 05:42 PM

Toilet Handles

"John~ "
wrote:

I have an American Standard Cadet(4310) toilet in a rental and the
tenants just broke their second of those cheap, plastic Taiwan handles.

I would replace it with a generic metal handle but there are three
problems; the hole in the tank is square, the flapper chain is beaded
rather than link, and the arm is offset 45 degreees to the handle. I
can change the flapper too, but I can't get past that 45 degree offset.

Does anyone know an online source for American Standard parts? If all
else fails, I suppose I could get a metal handle and try bending the
arm, but that would be hit-and-miss at best.

John

Perhaps visit a real plumbing supply house? They still exist and most
actually have knowledgeable employees unlike the "home centers".

Pete C.