Posted to alt.home.repair

Default neighbor built over my property line

I have a fence that encircles my property and (I believe) it is built 6
inches inside of my property line. A few years ago one of my neighbors
poured a concrete walk right up against the fence, i.e. it is 6 inches over
the line. I never said anything because it doesn't cause me a problem,
however he is now going to sell his house and I think he should cut the
walkway back to his edge of the line (at least) before he sells. I haven't
talked to him about it yet but I will be doing so soon. I may need to get a
surveyor to establish the property line. Then, if my neighbor won't cut his
walkway back I may have to take him to court. Does any one here have any
suggestions?

Bill S.

Posted to alt.home.repair

You can't tell me that when the neighbor was preparing the area for the
sidewalk you didn't question the fact that it looked close to the property
line(fence)?

Figure out what the 6 inches of property is worth and sell it to him, myself
I wouldn't bother with it this late in the game.

Tom

"Patches Forever" wrote in message
. ..
I have a fence that encircles my property and (I believe) it is built 6
inches inside of my property line. A few years ago one of my neighbors
poured a concrete walk right up against the fence, i.e. it is 6 inches
over
the line. I never said anything because it doesn't cause me a problem,
however he is now going to sell his house and I think he should cut the
walkway back to his edge of the line (at least) before he sells. I
haven't
talked to him about it yet but I will be doing so soon. I may need to get
surveyor to establish the property line. Then, if my neighbor won't cut
his
walkway back I may have to take him to court. Does any one here have
any
suggestions?

Bill S.

Posted to alt.home.repair

And then, if your area requires a setback from the property
line for fences, are you going to have to move the fence when
the new owner complains?

Bob

"twfsa" wrote in message
[...]

Furnace fuel oil pump return line, install or not? [email protected] Home Repair 3 September 29th 05 03:36 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 06:52 AM
Phone Line Problem - Plea barry martin Home Repair 1 July 3rd 04 04:09 PM
Telephone Line Problems barry martin Home Repair 1 March 7th 04 04:00 AM