Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need some bathroom advice

Hi everyone,

I am planning on doing some major renovations in the bathroom in the
basement of my house and I really need some advice. The bathroom was
gutted out several years ago when some extensive plumbing work was done
and it was never "put back together again". As it was, the bathroom had
a small stall shower installed in the corner, to the left of the
window. Now, the problem is this. I would like to get a whirlpool
bathtub for this room so that it can be used as a bathtub and shower
combination. My problem is that this bathroom has a window on the wall
where I would want to the bathtub to go. In other words, if you were to
stand there taking a shower, water would be splattering on the window.

Is there some sort of way around this that anyone here might know of??

Thank you

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all of the advice. I was discussing it with my dad and I
think the best thing to do is to perhaps close up most of the window
and just use one of those small bathroom exaust fans. The window
doesn't really give much light at all. Also, we talked about the
possibilty of making the window much smaller so that it wouldn't really
get in the way of what we are planning to do in that corner.

Thank you