DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   berber carpet question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/181399-berber-carpet-question.html)

JerseyMike November 3rd 06 09:21 PM

berber carpet question

in one of our bedrooms, the berber carpet got a pull in a loop and is
hanging out. is there anyway to fix the loop? can i cut it off or will that
cause a run eventually? can it be tucked back into the backing w/ a
knitting needle or crochet needle? any help??

mike............

Don Phillipson November 3rd 06 09:55 PM

berber carpet question

"JerseyMike" wrote in message

in one of our bedrooms, the berber carpet got a pull in a loop and is
hanging out. is there anyway to fix the loop? can i cut it off or will

that
cause a run eventually? can it be tucked back into the backing w/ a
knitting needle or crochet needle? any help??

You cannot get rid of the loop -- but you can
pull it through to the back of the carpet, so
it can no longer be seen.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

RayV November 4th 06 01:40 AM

berber carpet question

wrote:
On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 21:21:35 GMT, "JerseyMike"
wrote:

in one of our bedrooms, the berber carpet got a pull in a loop and is
hanging out. is there anyway to fix the loop? can i cut it off or will that
cause a run eventually? can it be tucked back into the backing w/ a
knitting needle or crochet needle? any help??

Yes to both.

Cutting it off is preferable -- no loose loop for dog, cat or kid to
catch hold of.

Ken

That is what the installer told us to do if a we got a pull in ours.
Snip it off low.