DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Maytag MAV6000 doesn't do anything (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/181333-maytag-mav6000-doesnt-do-anything.html)

[email protected] November 3rd 06 02:57 AM

Maytag MAV6000 doesn't do anything

I've been having problems with my lid switch on a Maytag MAV6000. I've
been hitting the lid or slamming it down to get it to work. I did a
load of wash and it finished the entire load without any problems (this
time I didn't need to do any slamming or banging). I went to start
another load and nothing. I turned the dial, pulled it out and didn't
get anything. The motor didn't kick in, the washer didn't start
filling, nothing. I checked for power in the outlet (I don't have an
Ohm meter to check the washer cord) and it's there. The cord was
plugged in. I replaced the timer (thinking with the banging it jarred
something in it) and it still doesn't work...any suggestions??? Thank
you in advance.

Tony Hwang November 3rd 06 03:06 AM

wrote:
I've been having problems with my lid switch on a Maytag MAV6000. I've
been hitting the lid or slamming it down to get it to work. I did a
load of wash and it finished the entire load without any problems (this
time I didn't need to do any slamming or banging). I went to start
another load and nothing. I turned the dial, pulled it out and didn't
get anything. The motor didn't kick in, the washer didn't start
filling, nothing. I checked for power in the outlet (I don't have an
Ohm meter to check the washer cord) and it's there. The cord was
plugged in. I replaced the timer (thinking with the banging it jarred
something in it) and it still doesn't work...any suggestions??? Thank
you in advance.

Hi,
If you think the interlock switch is faulty, you can temprarily bypass
it by shorting the leads together. Or with lid open poke at it with a
stick(like chop stick). Or if it is not a mechanical switch(something
like Hall effect switch) the wiring may not be straight forward.

[email protected] November 3rd 06 03:21 AM

Maytag MAV6000 doesn't do anything

Yes, I have tried pushing in the switch while I had the control panel
off with a screwdriver, but it didn't do anything. How do I go about
shorting the leads together?

Tony Hwang November 3rd 06 03:52 AM

wrote:

Yes, I have tried pushing in the switch while I had the control panel
off with a screwdriver, but it didn't do anything. How do I go about
shorting the leads together?

Hi,
Pull those wires on the switch terminals, short them together.
To be safe do that with washer unplugged and see what happens.
Also you can test the switch with meter. Push on, release off.